Brownlee res. around Richland

F
fish4life
I have never fished this part of brownlee res. only fished around huntington. I was wondering how fishing is during june or july for crappie and catfish in this area.

B
Bad Tuna
Took the family there last year in June, bobber fished for cats and caught them till the kids gave up. Key in on spawning carp.

D
Drew9870
Crappie are best fished from a boat, the boat houses or any other place with shade should hold some Crappie, I think they will be around by then.

The Catfish are everywhere, you should have no trouble with them.

F
fish4life
I have never bobber fished for catfish, how do you set it up and how deep do you fish. Also was wondering how close to the bank do you fish with it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

B
Bad Tuna
Just a 1/4-1/2oz jig head under a sliding bobber. Worms, shrimp or crickets worked great. Cast at max 30 ft out, look for schools finning or gulping carp eggs/fry. Cats averaged 3-4lbs each many larger, very few smaller. Kids caught 20-30 in about 3-4 hours. Had a great day, where they had 22 in one hour. I was busy baiting that day! We didn't get many crappie, most seemed to be dying from sores on their mouths.

F
fish4life
Hey thanks again for the tips will have to try it this summer.

T
TheFishingHex
fish4life said:
I have never fished this part of brownlee res. only fished around huntington. I was wondering how fishing is during june or july for crappie and catfish in this area.

I always fish right below the dam from there and i go mid may usally and kill it. mass amount of crappie and great catfishing and amazing bass fishing. but this year it was cold too long the snow melt was still coming down in may and blew the river out so now would prolly be a great time to go.