Brown trout anyone?

B
bigfootfish
Anyone got some stories or info on our brown ones? The pic of the water shows the browns out there. Beautiful place. I've only been able to catch them on one thing: meal worms on a #6 bait hook with sliding sinker. And they'd take the bait so lightly that watching your line being slowly sucked into the water was the only strike indication you had. Awesome. Great fighters and very tasty.
Where I catch them is one of the coolest places I've ever been to.

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
nice brown

nice brown

Fat brown! I had to add your pic into my photoware so I could lighten it up enough to see the fish. Nice!

BFF

M
Markcanby
That looks like a nice lake do you mind sharing the name

T
TTFishon
bigfootfish said:
Anyone got some stories or info on our brown ones? The pic of the water shows the browns out there. Beautiful place. I've only been able to catch them on one thing: meal worms on a #6 bait hook with sliding sinker. And they'd take the bait so lightly that watching your line being slowly sucked into the water was the only strike indication you had. Awesome. Great fighters and very tasty.
Where I catch them is one of the coolest places I've ever been to.

Is Miller Lake open all year? This question was meant for your other thread on Miller Lake. I'm a dork.

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
Thats a Brown in my profile pic. I know of a killer brown hole PM me if you want more info.

B
bmac_0021
I feel stupid but how do I send a private message? I can't find the link :confused:

T
TTFishon
bmac_0021 said:
I feel stupid but how do I send a private message? I can't find the link :confused:

Click on the persons screen name and scroll down and click on "send a private message"

S
STIKTIME
Ive got a great story,

so it was probably 8 years ago at paulina lake in late june. We go there every year. Weve gone there with 2 other families ever since i was born. All of us kids were down at the lake fishing from the bank, when an older couple came up and asked if we wanted there kokanee that they caught during the day because they had to go home. We said yes and thank you and kept fishing for a while. A couple of hours go by and we decide to go back and play a little trick on the dads tell them that we caught all 7 of the kokanee from the dock. Before we could tell them that it was a joke the dads were in the boat heading down there to try and get some. So we all run down to the dock and by the time we get there, the dads are anchored up jigging for kokanne. But my dad decided to put on a worm, within 10 minutes of being there he hooked into a real nice 6lb brown. Its something that i will never forget and we laugh to this day about it.

B
Bass Ackwards
Brown trout is the next on my list to catch since I have never caught one. They look like beautiful fish though. Can anybody suggest a place to go with a half way decent chance of catchin one??? I am heading to the redmond area from albany next weekend and heard that there were some good places to go over there but nothing too exact. Thanx in advance

B
beaverfan
Anyone know if Oregon has any sea run brown trout runs? I've read about them online before. I'm pretty sure there are no rivers in the northern half Oregon that have them, but no idea about further south.

M
Markcanby
Bass Ackwards
The best place I have found to catch browns over there is East Lake.
I have had luck with spinners an rapalas.

N
nimzrock
I have always had good luck for browns at the top end of billy chinook on the dechuttes arm, plus you can always count on the redsides and kokes

B
bigfootfish
my brown hol...pool, I mean.

my brown hol...pool, I mean.

Darn nice brown's, people!
Where did I catch mine? Far away. It's the conjunction of the Spring River and the North Umpqua. It's called Brown's Hole by the locals. The Spring River is hard to find as it is only about 7000 feet long. It's on GoogleEarth or GoogleMaps. Not too far from Diamond Lake.

BFF

:D:cool::rolleyes::dance::lol::)

T
TTFishon
bigfootfish said:
Darn nice brown's, people!
Where did I catch mine? Far away. It's the conjunction of the Spring River and the North Umpqua. It's called Brown's Hole by the locals. The Spring River is hard to find as it is only about 7000 feet long. It's on GoogleEarth or GoogleMaps. Not too far from Diamond Lake.

BFF

:D:cool::rolleyes::dance::lol::)

Is that near Lemolo Lake?

B
Bass Ackwards
Sweet!! thanks a lot mark and nimz

B
bigfootfish
Brown's Hole

Brown's Hole

It's upstream from Lemolo.

BFF

B
bigfootfish
beaverfan

beaverfan

Searun Browns? I'm not sure. I don't think so. Never heard of that one.
BFF

B
bigfootfish
TTFishon

TTFishon

Is Miller Lake open all year? It has, I believe, 5 species of game fish it in, by the way. Let me check real quick..... On page 77 of the ODFW Fishing Regs, it would seem to indicate that Miller Lake is open year 'round. It's North of Crater Lake and across the divide from Diamond Lake. It has Browns, Kokes(25 per day limit), Rainbows and Brookies in it. There's a real nice Forest Service Campground there and a sign that lists the fish in it. I seem to remember 5 species.
The ODFW has a companion site called the Oregon Fish Finder. It's interesting but needs lots of updating. It's at:

Oregon Fish Finder

BFF

F
fishin_fool
Also if anyone is over to the east side of the state the Owyhee river has some huge browns