Marine Brookings Fishing Reports

G
Gulfstream
Went down to my buddy's house for a weekend of bottom fishing in Brookings.North the first day ,south the second. Slow pick both days.Don't know if its pressure from lack of salmon or the tons of bait,but it was slow.Used my buddy's swim baits[C and J tackle] and we ended up with 4 lings and about 20 good quality blacks.The second day we saw em busting the bait balls so we slow trolled swimbaits on a half oz head and it worked pretty good.I hooked the biggest Vermillion I have ever seen and proceeded to let it go to make more.Glad I did ,as I showed the fish checker gal at the dock a picture of it and she said it was at least 50 yrs old! F A C ocean.Heard some guys getting tuna out about 35 miles,but didn't hear how it was. Have Fun!

• 100_1094.jpg
  • 100_1096.jpg
E
eugene1
Sounds like a good trip, that Vermillion is pretty cool!

Anybody in Brookings have ideas where the salmon are?

G
Gulfstream
Water is very warm.I stopped in on the way home at Gold Beach ramp and there were a few guys with fish.Saw about 40 boats east of the bridge

T
troutmasta
Super Cool Vermillion! It always blows my mind how old rock fish can grow to be.

T
taconight2night
Ahhhhh, Brookings :) My home town! I love going up to House and Twin rocks to bottom fish. Even all the way up to Mac Arch when it is flat enough and I have all day. Good looking fish!

E
eat, sleep, fish
eugene1 said:
Sounds like a good trip, that Vermillion is pretty cool!

Anybody in Brookings have ideas where the salmon are?

Sounds like they're out pretty far and down 300-400ft. From what little I've heard commercials are doing good, but it's too hard for most rec guys to target them.

G
Gulfstream
Headed down to my buddy's house on the mouth of the Chetco yesterday for a little bottom fishing. Headed out this am in a sloppy foggy ocean. We ended up with 3 limits of QUALITY blacks and a bonus ling! This guy was eyeballing the big herring on the gunnel and had a nice lunch! Have Fun!

Reactions: BaldTexan and Admin
C_Run
C_Run
Very nice, Gulfstream! What's the salmon situation down your way?

G
Gulfstream
Nada in brooking according to the fish checker ..A few starting to show in Coos Bay

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent...

T
taconight2night
Awwwwe Brookings is where I am originally from. Gawd I miss the hay-day of salmon fishing down there. That Chetco puts out some HAWGS!

Top Bottom