Brooders!!!!!!

D
Drew9870
Nice video, I wish you could've recorded yesterdays fight on the fly rod, the fish was about 1lb smaller, but took 15 minutes using that 4lb hair diameter tippet.

M
mrlindeman
Awsome!!! I was resting all day from working a double on saturday :(

brandon4455
brandon4455
great vid and nice fish guys :D

M
michigan_transplant
this at Timber Linn??

D
Drew9870
michigan_transplant said:
this at $&@%$*#%^@??

shhhh!!!! Let's atleast make an attempt to not make this place look like Wirth.... :D An edit would be appreciated, lol.

Last edited:
M
mrlindeman
michigan_transplant said:
this at Timber Linn??

GRRRRR LOL LOL Yes, I mean No lol uh lol. :) :)

T
tomriker
Everyone to timber linn!

M
michigan_transplant
haha, i think your secrets safe. i stopped by there today for an hour or so and threw some powerbait and spinners out there. didn't get anything but also there wasn't another person there.

troutdude
troutdude
Nice job Drewster!

I love using Ultra light rods for that type of fishing.

I watched a dude bring in a 30 inch steelie last Feb. w/ a 5' rod and 4lb. test line.

H
halibuthitman
troutdude said:
Nice job Drewster!

I watched a dude bring in a 30 inch steelie last Feb. w/ a 5' rod and 4lb. test line.

why was he casting a spoon so long? lol couldn't resist!

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
Nice job Drewster!

thats crazy, i watched a guy land a 30lb sturgeon with a trout rod

D
Drew9870
Well what a respectful crowd in the first page..... (Besides Troutdude of course :D, thanks by the way)

It is obvious it's posted in the recreation report, but seriously, why don't you put yourself in my shoes, how would you like it if you politely asked for anyone who might know the spot to keep it to yourself, I very much enjoy fishing in peace, why do you think I have only posted minimal pics and little reports on this forum, not only do I not carry my camera, but I also like setting up in on specific spot when I go places.

Think about it, what friendly way is there to say this? I am seriously not attempting to sound like a you know what. Maybe public members should have the right to lock and manage their own threads, I know mrlindeman enjoys fishing in peace as well, rather than having to throw someone in because they took your spot while you were reeling one in or unhooking it, lol.

Last edited:
M
mrlindeman
Who is this directed at? And do I need to not post the fun time I/ we have fishing to avoid hijacks? Cause I will. I just like putting vid up for people to enjoy.

M
michigan_transplant
yeah really who is this directed at. i understand keeping things on the DL but this was posted in the rec report. I think more people are going to hear about it there then a video with people giving you congrats.

D
Drew9870
mrlindeman said:
Who is this directed at? And do I need to not post the fun time I/ we have fishing to avoid hijacks? Cause I will. I just like putting vid up for people to enjoy.

No no no, I am saying anyone who can recognize the pond should just try to avoid telling everyone, Wirth is a small pond in Salem, it used to have nice size Bass and Panfish, but dear lord, it's like fishing the Hatchery at Three Rivers or the Slaughter Hole on the Sandy if you want to cast a fly after stocking.

Oh well, it's done and said. (Not you mrlindman, I knew you were going to post it, and I had still have no problem with it being posted, none of this is directed at you).

M
michigan_transplant
difference is that Timber Linn doesn't get stocked that hard. and wait until they stock TL for the kiddies in the spring. it'll be shoulder to shoulder weather you like it or not. there has been a post on here by Waco about the stocking and they had it in the rec report. my guess is that if it isn't crowded now then it won't be.

D
Drew9870
I already know that, I hardly fish stocker ponds in the Spring since there are bigger fish to catch that actually pull line. But it doesn't need to turn into Wirth, where people who actually know how to catch fish other than Trout go there just to get a meal, and destroy other fish populations that don't get stocked, do you get the point yet?????????

I'm going fishing....... lol.

Last edited:
J
JAYDEE
Drew9870 said:
Well what a respectful crowd in the first page..... (Besides Troutdude of course :D, thanks by the way)

It is obvious it's posted in the recreation report, but seriously, why don't you put yourself in my shoes, how would you like it if you politely asked for anyone who might know the spot to keep it to yourself, I very much enjoy fishing in peace, why do you think I have only posted minimal pics and little reports on this forum, not only do I not carry my camera, but I also like setting up in on specific spot when I go places.

Think about it, what friendly way is there to say this? I am seriously not attempting to sound like a you know what. Maybe public members should have the right to lock and manage their own threads, I know mrlindeman enjoys fishing in peace as well, rather than having to throw someone in because they took your spot while you were reeling one in or unhooking it, lol.

Calm down jr. lol It is a stocker fish pond it is no secret by any means. It was in ODFW's recreation report that it was stocked with brooders. You act as if someone posted a secret salmon/steelhead stream on the coast that you showed someone and had them swear not to share the spot with anyone and then they posted pics of it on the internet for everyone to see and gave them directions to the hole.:lol:

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
JAYDEE said:
Calm down jr. lol It is a stocker fish pond it is no secret by any means. It was in ODFW's recreation report that it was stocked with brooders. You act as if someone posted a secret salmon/steelhead stream on the coast that you showed someone and had them swear not to share the spot with anyone and then they posted pics of it on the internet for everyone to see and gave them directions to the hole.:lol:

Oh, ya, Jaydee was there too. lol.

Yes mrlindeman it JAY-DEE not JAY-P. :lol: