BROODERS are coming!!!

B
bd2cool
I was at JC pond for two hours today.Not a bite or fish.I over heard some people at the dock and they had no luck.I left at 3:30,if the roads are open I am going to try Dext tomorrow.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Mouthful of a moniker

Mouthful of a moniker

ITSINTHEMOUTH said:
Haha, Thanks Fishtopher. Glad to be a member of this awesome forum. :D Yes I do think people yell its in the mouth when they are goin for the brood rainbows when fishin a spinner or spoon...As i've seen a lot snagged.

Wow, that moniker is a mouthful,for sure. Whatever the story, welcome to the friendliest fishing forum with the friendliest fishing folk around. We love any and everything to do with fish,pictures of fish,information on fish,events featuring fish, and fish. Ask questions, join in discussions,share your glory story,use the search engine,check out the archives, in short, make yourself at home. You are,you know, home.
Barb

F
fishy4
anyone out today?

B
Brian Dupree
Confirmed Stockings

Confirmed Stockings

call 971-673-6000 Press 2

Monday Dec. 8, 2008 Brood stock

Salish pond 101
Junction City Pondwalling pond 97
Walling Pond 35
Walter Wirth Lake 100

B
bd2cool
I just got back from JC,no luck there.I was there only for two hours,didn't see any action going on.
Maybe next week it will be better for me.

G
Gramps
bd2cool said:
I just got back from JC,no luck there.I was there only for two hours,didn't see any action going on.
Maybe next week it will be better for me.

I was at JCP yesterday at least 5 steelhead/brooders were caught. That's a better than average day. Two on a jig, two on a fly and one on a lure.

F
fishy4
looks like hardware is the trick in this cold weather will try. where abouts is dext lake?

B
bd2cool
Dexter Lake is about 1/2 way between Eugene and Oakridge on Hy 58.If you are heading toward Oakridge it is on the left hand side-can't miss.
There are two boat ramps,one on the Hy 58 side,one on the Lowell side,both are nice ramps but for me I use the one on 58,it is just easier to get to.

F
fishy4
thanks. that might be a little far for me to travel. sounds like good trout fishing though. are fish mostly caught trolling fenders or bait fishing?

B
bd2cool
Both,I mostly troll but there is a road/ bridge that cut across Dexter about half way. There is good trout,bass.crappie fishing there

R
rainbowfisherman
any reports on
JCP
Walling
Walter Wirth
Salish
are the brooders getting caoght pretty well
on what.

G
Gramps
Fishing has been slow at JCP. Average of about 3 fish a day so far this year. Still some steelhead and brooders alike.

Just talked to Roaring River Hatchery and they said no stocking of brooders this week. They said stocking will ocure next week.