BROODERS are coming!!!

T
tongo
hahahahaha good luck everyone.

"Beginning next week, excess rainbow trout brood stock from Roaring River hatchery near Scio will be released at several locations in the Willamette zone. These 4-year-old fish range in size from 8 to 15 pounds. Approximately 90 fish will be released at Walter Wirth Lake, which is located east of Salem. Walling Pond, located within the Salem city limits, will get an additional 35 fish. Junction City Pond, located three miles south of Junction City on the west side of Highway 99, will receive 90 of the big fish, as will Salish Pond, which is located in Fairview near Gresham. Similar numbers of fish are scheduled to be released at these same sites throughout the month of December. In addition, Sheridan Pond in Yamhill County will receive some large rainbow trout brood stock the week of Dec. 22. The fish will not be fed for 72 hours prior to transport and will be hungry when released. They may hit worms, eggs or power bait, although colder temperatures prevalent this time of year favor spinners, spoons and plugs."

R
rainbowfisherman
tongo said:
hahahahaha good luck everyone.

"Beginning next week, excess rainbow trout brood stock from Roaring River hatchery near Scio will be released at several locations in the Willamette zone. These 4-year-old fish range in size from 8 to 15 pounds. Approximately 90 fish will be released at Walter Wirth Lake, which is located east of Salem. Walling Pond, located within the Salem city limits, will get an additional 35 fish. Junction City Pond, located three miles south of Junction City on the west side of Highway 99, will receive 90 of the big fish, as will Salish Pond, which is located in Fairview near Gresham. Similar numbers of fish are scheduled to be released at these same sites throughout the month of December. In addition, Sheridan Pond in Yamhill County will receive some large rainbow trout brood stock the week of Dec. 22. The fish will not be fed for 72 hours prior to transport and will be hungry when released. They may hit worms, eggs or power bait, although colder temperatures prevalent this time of year favor spinners, spoons and plugs."

At Walling Pond do you mean 90 fish plus 35 more fish or just 35 fish?
I like to fish walling and didn't know.

C
chris61182
Do you know if all of these are set to be stocked the week of Dec 22nd?

18406ej
18406ej
WALLING POND:

Large rainbow trout brood stock will be released in three of the next four weeks. Approximately 35 fish weighing from 8 to 15 pounds apiece will be released each time. Release times and dates are subject to staffing, weather and other factors.

G
Gramps
F
Fishtopher
Alright!

Alright!

Hmmm. If I dont get any rain to push some more fish into my local rivers, I may have to get to Salish. Ive never had good luck there, but I havent chucked a spinner into the puddle yet. I havent caught a brooder since Clear Lake (off Hwy 26) in like '96! Didn't taste too great, so I'll probably be on a c&r mission...

T
tongo
ku where you at?

R
rainbowfisherman
hey in the paper and on the website it said that good weekend fishing opportunities for walter wirth ,walling pond, and JCP. I was wondering of they have already been stocked. So which of the three would be best,

Thanks

T
tongo
i don't think they have been stocked yet, but i do believe they will do the stocking on either monday the 8th or tuesday the 9th. go to the pond closest to where you live. i would either hit jcp or walter.

R
rainbowfisherman
hey headed out today to walter and no luck there was basically no one there so i am heading to walter on tuesday afternoon.
What should i use for the brooders.

G
Gramps
Brooders are on there way to ponds. Three trucks have already left and JCP will get theirs this afternoon.

S
Smokey McFisher
try powerbait, worm, lures, they should eat just about anything. good luck, i hope to make it out soon too.

R
rainbowfisherman
Ok so where in the pond do you think will be the best.
right in font
By to the left of the parking lot on the cement dock.
Or on the oposite side.
I really want to catch a fish tomorrow so please be specific.

18406ej
18406ej
I plan on being out there (at Walter Wirth) Tuesday as well, from about 9:00am until noon. Look out for me- wearing a brown fishing/flotation vest- and say Hi.

R
rainbowfisherman
What do you think you are going to use ae you in a boat?

18406ej
18406ej
Better safe than sorry

Better safe than sorry

No boat- I just dress like it to be on the safe side, although I do sometimes take my float tube out there. I think tomorrow I will be banking it, trying dry flies first, spinners/Thomas Lures next, and PowerBait last.

R
rainbowfisherman
ok so i will start with a worm then probley switch to either a rooster tail or kastmaster.

R
rainbowfisherman
gramps so walter has been stocked, right?

F
fish_on!!!
salish pond

salish pond

Any word on salish pond? Have they arrived yet

G
Gramps
rainbowfisherman said:
gramps so walter has been stocked, right?
I can not confirm but a person at Roaring River Hatchery told me the truck was on its way to Walter Wirth pond Monday morning.