Broiled asparagus

C_Run
C_Run
Hey, almost all the recipes here are for fish which is appropriate for a fishing forum but what about some side dishes? It's April and time to start harvesting asparagus. Or, if you don't have an asparagus bed, buy it in the store.

OrVi3.jpg

GFMGhl.jpg

High grade the lot and select the biggest spears for broiling. Give the rest to friends of make soup.
xCPn8l.jpg
Cut off the tough ends.
opoEgl.jpg
Baste with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder.
apzaSl.jpg
Broil for 8 minutes on high and serve. It's easy. Everyone's a hero with this recipe.
fK7Nbl.jpg

Thanks for bearing with me. This was a test to see if I could load pictures ok with a borrowed camera. I hope to have fish pictures next time.

Reactions: chris61182
S
skunk
i'll give this one a try. mmmmmmm.

troutdude
troutdude
Give me 20 minutes, and I'll be there with a bib and fork! YUM!

S
SALTYFISH
Nothing better than growing ur own asparagus. It is so much better than any thing u can find in a store, NO comparison in my opinion?.

J
JeannaJigs
It's also good on the grill. I do it the same with olive oil and garlic. Also tried it with Italian dressing, and that is good as well.

L
lilsalmon
Thats the only way I will eat asparagus...it is very good

R
rgordon82
Uhm. What's the taste? I haven't tried asparagus for the 25 years of my life.

C_Run
C_Run
Well, it's got its own flavor which some people may not like. I can eat the stuff raw. You may have a hard time finding any good fresh asparagus in July. Don't be afraid to give it a try.

troutdude
troutdude
True, some folks don't care for Asparagus. But, I've eaten in various ways my whole life...and love the stuff!