Briliant Stupid Idea!

K
Kodiak
So I got this idea and could be the most brilliant or career ending thing of all time. Trying to figure out a way to run one of every custom shop and major manufacturerers chinook spinner at the same time underwater, and get it on film. They would all be that manufacturers version of the same thing..all red and whites, or lemon limes, or pink rainbows, or what ever to see who gets hit the most, or does it make a difference? Is it the proximity to when it traveled close to the fish, or is there a preference on the to a position in the line or is someones spinner that effective? Whats your input on how to do it and be a fair and honest trial.

V
VagrantAngler
Your gonna need a bigger boat!:D

Or a bunch of boats...Be sweet to see it in action!

F
fishinmachine
I have no idea about the legality but what about a dredge? Like the ones used for baiting in marlin or tuna?

Like this!

Could possibly make one similar?

K
Kodiak
I'm thinking a spreader bar OFF of a downriggger with 4 or 5 spinners on each with a camera to capture the action, might end up scaring the heck out of the fish too...never know.

K
Kodiak
fishinmachine said:
I have no idea about the legality but what about a dredge? Like the ones used for baiting in marlin or tuna?

Like this!

Could possibly make one similar?

The Idea has merit! I would probably take all the hooks off so that way it would be legal...I think.

F
fishinmachine
Well all but at least one hook;)

F
FishSchooler
I think fish are crazy animals. So there is no real "proof." Even the slightest position difference might trigger a fish to bite.

What if the multi spinner rig is so cluttered that it spooks fish?
And you're gonna need 1028516 lb line in case you get 20 salmon biting at a time... :shock:
Easiest way... would be a hatchery/tank full of salmon, or a fish ladder, and neither are probable... :think:

F
fisch
Make more

Make more

Not a bet Idea but here are my 2 cents: I think you should get more spinners out there Kodiak and people should report the results. I think it will give you more REAL LIFE testing than getting a video.

H
hendrixfan
I like your thinking, but would be really tough to do with out a controlled environment of some kind. Maybe just two spinners at a time, and you could keep switching out the non-TCO spinner?

C
Cracker
I think that the results would end up being inconclusive. You would have to do tests in all types of water conditions. It would be tough, but fun.

F
fishinmachine
I think yall are missing the point of Kodiaks idea, granted I could be too. If you saw a video of 10 different spinners (or any lure for that matter) all at the the same time fluttering in the water and how they all worked, you would probably choose one that you would "think" would out fish the others. My .02 is that as long as I think it will catch fish, then game on.

I
imfishing
Great Minds Think Alike

Great Minds Think Alike

"Our" new spinner propulsion system is in its prototype stage A-001.
We our on deck with our kinematics lab and water/wind/smoke tunnel.
My marketing department thinks we should be live and on-line in the first quarter 2010.
They're thinking $3.2 mil per unit...but that's before any painting or coatings.

People of the OFF...I Give You The Kodiak5000 c2009.

Reactions: womanwhofishes and OnTheFly
I
imfishing
I modeled in a NR 25 foot Scout.

-Your Mileage May Vary-

H
here2fish
./

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
hehe...

I think you should just get a bunch of us in some boats in the next few weeks while theres still some ok numbers below Bonneville and get some of that lemon/lime bling in the water. Would be fun if nothing else. Just need boats, Im sure there'd be more than enough volunteers to man the rods.

F
Fishtopher
here2fish said:
how about instead of figuring out ways to get new customers you worry about the ones you already have....... Its been like 2 months on my order dude.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

not to mention you have guaranteed me it would be here a couple of times.

Whats up with that?

Should probably shoot him an email or a private message. Maybe a phone call.

G
GoneFishin2134
Sounds like a good Idea. I think you just need customers to give you Reel-life feedback. The customer is always going to do something different than you, if that makes sense?

Most fisherman, probably have a plethora of spinners to choose from. It is just what works where, at any given time. Though it is very possible to have a more productive spinner, which is claimed by TCO. Roostertails, Bangtails, Panther martins, Blue foxes, all guarantee or imply they have the best as well. for any type of water or water condition.

So you might try, what those big companies don't capitalize on. and that is True customer feedback. Make an incentive of some kind for when people buy your spinners. Tell them they get something free for giving you feedback on what the River was like, time of day, spinner's used, colors that produce more than others, etc... Hopefully this made some sense.

E
EastCountyRookie
I've got the answer

I've got the answer

Kodiak said:
So I got this idea and could be the most brilliant or career ending thing of all time. Trying to figure out a way to run one of every custom shop and major manufacturerers chinook spinner at the same time underwater, and get it on film. They would all be that manufacturers version of the same thing..all red and whites, or lemon limes, or pink rainbows, or what ever to see who gets hit the most, or does it make a difference? Is it the proximity to when it traveled close to the fish, or is there a preference on the to a position in the line or is someones spinner that effective? Whats your input on how to do it and be a fair and honest trial.

Kodiak this is Tony's brother inlaw Steve and you should contact myth busters, I believe they could fund the whole idea and it would publish your spinners to the world.

F
FishSchooler
here2fish said:
how about instead of figuring out ways to get new customers you worry about the ones you already have....... Its been like 2 months on my order dude.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

not to mention you have guaranteed me it would be here a couple of times.

Whats up with that?

sorry... but same here... :think:
Please let them here by Sat... I might be on the Santiam with one of my dad's collegues. :) :pray:

K
Kodiak
FishSchooler said:
sorry... but same here... :think:
Please let them here by Sat... I might be on the Santiam with one of my dad's collegues. :) :pray:

You are in for a long day if you guys are hitting the santiams..not much going on