Bright and shiny

F
fish_4_all
I thought I would make some really bright spinners for really fresh fish and tidal fish. Most of them are like these without the green scale pattern tape on the blades. Hopefully they will work when the fish are being finicky and are really fresh. All are on silver blades and the beads are faceted plastic/acrylic beads. The big one is a globe bead so it should make for some serious reflection and hopefully imitate an anchovy or herring. Any and all input is welcome.

SalmonSpinner1.jpg
SalmonSpinner2.jpg

B
beaverfan
They look pretty dang good to me! But I think in order to catch fish it's imperative that you put some hooks on them!:lol::dance:

The only thing I would change is the overall is the length. I believe the spinner blade is supposed to go down to the eye of the hook.

F
fish_4_all
beaverfan said:
They look pretty dang good to me! But I think in order to catch fish it's imperative that you put some hooks on them!:lol::dance:

The only thing I would change is the overall is the length. I believe the spinner blade is supposed to go down to the eye of the hook.

That would be one tough order. I think the blades are Lakeland #7 so longer is gonna be really hard. I don't put hooks on them because trebles are illegal here for most of salmon season and in some places I can at least use a barbed hook so I wait and use open eye Siwash.

Would a different blade style work better to get the length right?

K
Kodiak
For the most part they look good. I did notice a couple of little things that might improve your success..your top eye on your spinners are just a little off...try tweaking your loop just a little so that its strait with the rest of the shaft. You may also want to consider going to a smaller bead on the bottom of the body so that your blade at least makes it to the lower portion of the bottom loop. Personally I'm a big fan of longer shafts on the front. It helps keep your spinners body weight to the rear of the spinner so that it hangs slightly downward in the rear, and will eliminate the need for a top bearing bead, giving you more components for other spinners and reducing your costs.
Don't mean to knit pick ..just trying to help....good luck.

F
fish_4_all
No, that is what I wanted to hear. Every little thing to help learn if there is something that might make a difference and give an edge.

F
FishSchooler
Adding on to Kodiak...
If you just try to bend the eye the other way, it'll bend the shaft under it. I fixed this by holding the twisted part as close to the loop as possible with pliers, then bending it the other way.