Brand new weapon!....

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Just in time for winter steel!!! So excited to use this set up, I can't wait!

Rod: Okuma T-40X 9' 9" Medium Light 6-12
Reel: Daiwa Revros 2500H
Main Line: Power Pro Super Slick 20 lb Aqua Green braid

Pics? Okay!

• IMG_7799.jpg
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
B
BaldTexan
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing pics of steely' caught on your new gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
TimberTodd
Nice setup!

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
I would like to use it this weekend. Any thoughts on where I can put my boat in, this Saturday and have opportunity for a salmon, or steelhead? I know it may still be a little early for winter steel, but I have heard of a little action going on of late.

Cheers,

Chris

S
sapo
Necanicum might have some early winters..but wherever, they'll be hard to catch right now, but the Necanicum should also have plenty of nooks and coho right now too (can't keep the coho unless they're hatchery strays tho).

D
DrTheopolis
sapo said:
Necanicum might have some early winters..but wherever, they'll be hard to catch right now, but the Necanicum should also have plenty of nooks and coho right now too (can't keep the coho unless they're hatchery strays tho).

And make sure to post pics of launching the boat OFF the side of US26... should be epic.

But on a serious note, Tillamook Bay/ upper tidewater usually produces well into the fall. You might try heading up out of Memaloose, and that general area.

On a less serious note -- motor on up, and drop anchor right in the Hospital Hole. I hear that's a good spot. The bankies will appreciate your sense of humor.

B
BaldTexan
DrTheopolis said:
On a less serious note -- motor on up, and drop anchor right in the Hospital Hole. I hear that's a good spot. The bankies will appreciate your sense of humor.

...and don't forget the protective, padded clothing and helmet because heavy lead will be coming your way! If you're quick with scissors, you'll be able to collect a lot of lead, hooks, and bobbers.

B
BaldTexan
Ghost hole and Bay City area of Tillamook should be productive for a few more weeks.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Nice looking setup!

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Once again, Dr you never disappoint. Thanks for all the advice guys! Hospital hole, here I come! :lol:

S
sapo
DrTheopolis said:
And make sure to post pics of launching the boat OFF the side of US26... should be epic.

Lol I was more thinking if he was wanting to bank it for winter steel or something..but ya I know he said he wanted to be in a boat.

D
Dizle
Are the t 40 x models better than the sst models? Any reviews would be awesome

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
It is their upper end rod from the SST. What they describe as their "Technique Specific" rod line up. I have one of each and I must say, this is my new favorite rod after this weekend! It casts and feels great! I will post more as soon as I feel what a fish feels like on the end of it, but very impressed so far. I hope this makes sense. It just feels better than my SST..... :D