Brand new to fishing

OREGON FISHING FORUM

Lapis808

Hello all,
I have just taken up fishing as a way to pass the pandemic time! I’ve been to that little lake in Adair a couple of times, but haven’t caught anything yet. Any advice at all about rigs, bait, spots, etc. would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

troutdude

Welcome to OFF, and to fishing. Here is a hotlink to the archives, for the Pond in Adair. You may find other useful information in those threads as well.

There is also the EE Wilson pond, north of Adair, that is stocked with trout. Just turn right across from the landfill. Go around the sharp curves and you'll see the parking lot on the left. It's a half mile hike, to that pond.

Lapis808

Welcome to OFF, and to fishing. Here is a hotlink to the archives, for the Pond in Adair. You may find other useful information in those threads as well.

There is also the EE Wilson pond, north of Adair, that is stocked with trout. Just turn right across from the landfill. Go around the sharp curves and you'll see the parking lot on the left. It's a half mile hike, to that pond.
EE Wilson is actually the one I have been going to. I'll try the other pond in Adair as well, thanks!

troutdude

Oh. Ha ha ha. My bad.

As soon as Olalla and Big Creek Reservoirs open up, those are great places too. Olalla is 3 miles north, OFF of Hwy. 20 and past the Golf Course. Big Creek sits above the Newport water plant. Go up the road and past the first reservoir, to Big Creek #2 (above the first reservoir).

troutdude

Also...get yourself a current copy of "Fishing in Oregon", by Maddy Diness Sheehan. You will learn a LOT very quickly, by reading her outstanding classic. Any sporting goods store, or department, will have a copy. Including Mitch at Two Rivers Fly Shop in downtown Albany.

Top Bottom