Brad's Super bait

M
Mike123
Anyone used the Super bait or Plug Cut Super bait?
I really want to try these in the bay and tidewater...
I was wondering the difference between the action on the Plug cut version?
I seen a video of the standard Super Bait.

S
SNDSLGR
I have some of the cut plugs, they are completely different from the regular super bait which I have not used.

I boated a nice chinook in Tbay last week on one when nobody else was catching... great lure for when they wont bit the real deal.

R
Rovingarcher
I can give you all kinds of help with this lure.Trouble is, you would have to use a barbless hook, or you will limit in two casts. Rovingarcher@aol.com[/email]

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
I have the super bait, and I've used it...but haven't caught anything with it. I saw the cut plugs though, and was thinking of trying them this fall in tidewater.

T
Thuggin4Life
BFishin keeps wanting to try one out. Maybe we will this fall. Mike we will have to get you out on a tidewater trip this year. don't think I am set up to fish like you wanted to.

O
osmosis
the cut plugs destroy B-10 and ocean coho, and they save a ton of $ cause you don't have to buy so many herring. I havent fished the regular super bait yet. I havent tried them for springers either, cause I prefer real bait in the end.

Only problem is that you only get about 5-6 fish on them and the hinge can snap (sometimes less, sometimes more). I suggest to use the spare rubber bands that come in the package to help the problem. put one where it's supposed to go, then put the other one up near the hinge.

R
Rovingarcher
osmosis said:
the cut plugs destroy B-10 and ocean coho, and they save a ton of $ cause you don't have to buy so many herring. I havent fished the regular super bait yet. I havent tried them for springers either, cause I prefer real bait in the end.

Only problem is that you only get about 5-6 fish on them and the hinge can snap (sometimes less, sometimes more). I suggest to use the spare rubber bands that come in the package to help the problem. put one where it's supposed to go, then put the other one up near the hinge.
I have to agree with the extra rubber band,It makes the Superbait last forever.As for Jeanna not catching anything on it...all you have to do is ask and you will get some good tips.GR

N
nwkiller
osmosis said:

totally agree, plugs is the way to go

J
JeannaJigs
Rovingarcher said:
I have to agree with the extra rubber band,It makes the Superbait last forever.As for Jeanna not catching anything on it...all you have to do is ask and you will get some good tips.GR

I only used it one trip during a dismal at best run so I'm not axing it, and the person I got it from runs them all the time and does well with them for the most part.

R
Rovingarcher
Kodiak said:
[If you know how to rig a cut plug they will kick that things keester. The only thing theyHADover bait is no one had a UV herring....Comming soon to a bait dealer near you.
Maybe out in a boat(but I doubt that too), but I'd bank fish with you any night on the lower Columbia, and out fish you 5-1 with this SB.No kidding.SB's are like cut plugs.You have to know what your doing.Yes, I did say night.During the day,the lure I use sucks.After sun down, it is almost an every cast fish on machine.I had guys using the same lure on each side of me, and after I filled the lure and cast it out,it would no sooner hit the water and the fight was on.These guys were in awe.The bait has a lot to do with it.

R
Rovingarcher
Sorry, we can night fish on the Wa side.Is night fishing allowed on the Oregon side when chinook are open?

M
Mike123
Rovingarcher said:
Sorry, we can night fish on the Wa side.Is night fishing allowed on the Oregon side when chinook are open?

I don't think so.

R
Rovingarcher
Kodiak said:
BRING IT!!!! No fishing at night in oregon for salmon/steelies/trout. If you know how to rig a herring properly they are fish candy. The last two years have been all about a tight roll. So what happens when they want a slow rol, or a wide roll? Super bait goes back to the bargin bin. If you know how to cure a herring you can even make them glow in the dark....yes glow in the dark cut plugs. You can get a better vibration through using the right spinner blade in front also. In about three weeks I'll be feeding springers blue labels, whole, and can almost gaurantee they wont touch a super bait...that said they will probably be the hotest thing ever this year.
Well, it sounds like between the two of us, we should let the other guys have a week or two head start before we make them extinct lol.All kidding aside,They have two holes for a tight roll or a wide roll.I have never used the wide roll.Don, the inventor asked me to try sardine oil in the SB on Tuna.I haven't done this as i won't fix something that isn't broke.We obviously don't have apples and apples, when guys are trolling, and I'm bait casting.Could be the speed difference...depth or any variables.Also, we have night closure on the upper Columbia(Lincoln Rock)The first and last hr of legal fishing is tops(in the dark)Could be if I were out Boat fishing, the SB may suck hind tit.Banking...I'm a believer.Good luck ,and I'm hoping they open the lower river again.If not, I'll be down Abernathy for steelies when it reopens.