Bowling alley hole

T
Troutcatcher
Has anyone caught anything from there recently?

F
Fishtopher
Not me personally. But I saw about 20 fish on there from where I was at today.
Been a week or so since I picked up a fish from there.
But, fish are caught there every morning.
If you are there between sunrise, and 830am, your chances of a fish are very good.
After 830, its gotta be high flows, or working the tide for productiveness.

Good luck. :)

T
Troutcatcher
Fishtopher said:
Not me personally. But I saw about 20 fish on there from where I was at today.
Been a week or so since I picked up a fish from there.
But, fish are caught there every morning.
If you are there between sunrise, and 830am, your chances of a fish are very good.
After 830, its gotta be high flows, or working the tide for productiveness.

Good luck. :)

20 fish What hole were you at today. Did you catch any?

Last edited:
B
bigdog
Troutcatcher said:
20 fish What hole were you at today. Did you catch any?

I believe he was saying he was at a hole where he could see the bowling alley hole and from what he could see there were at least twenty fish hooked at the bowling alley hole not twenty fish hooked in the hole he was in.

F
Fishtopher
Ya what he said.

I caught one Sculpin

M
masmith
Where is this located?

F
Fishtopher
In Gladstone behind the old bowling alley. If youre north bound on 99/McGloughlin, pass the bridge that runs over the clack, take your first right at the light, the trail that runs down is through the field on the right. Find a spot to park(good luck when its hot) and hit the field to find the trail. When walking behind other guys fishing, make sure you say "behind" as youre walking by. Or you WILL leave with a new peircing.:)

V
VagrantAngler
I was gonna head there tomorrow but just got the invite to fish the Mouth of the Lewis instead. If I catch I'll let you know.

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
In Gladstone behind the old bowling alley. If youre north bound on 99/McGloughlin, pass the bridge that runs over the clack, take your first right at the light, the trail that runs down is through the field on the right. Find a spot to park(good luck when its hot) and hit the field to find the trail. When walking behind other guys fishing, make sure you say "behind" as youre walking by. Or you WILL leave with a new peircing.:)

Oh good job blabber mouth now you have ruined that hole for the rest of us, it was a secret hole man now it's going to be known by everyone and get all trashed. :lol:

T
Troutcatcher
bigdog said:
I believe he was saying he was at a hole where he could see the bowling alley hole and from what he could see there were at least twenty fish hooked at the bowling alley hole not twenty fish hooked in the hole he was in.

Well one of my freinds that was there today said it was super slow exept the mornig bite, two people hooked a fish and someone lost one.

F
Fishtopher
The more people cram in on that bank, the better the show gets!!

And for me, I've found if you eat pinto beans the night before fishing there, in the morning I usually have a good 4ft of space between me and the next guy.

Pinto beans and hard boiled eggs and its just like fishin by yourself!!:shock::shock:

F
Fishtopher
Well the morning bite is the morning bite. Can always count on 10-20 fish caught. Good days 20-40.

When the river comes up, there will be bigger days too, when it stays like the morning bite all day long.

If you watch close, it goes from 75-100 people, then at 8-830 it drops down to 20 tops. Early bird gets the fish.

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
The more people cram in on that bank, the better the show gets!!

And for me, I've found if you eat pinto beans the night before fishing there, in the morning I usually have a good 4ft of space between me and the next guy.

Pinto beans and hard boiled eggs and its just like fishin by yourself!!:shock::shock:

lol I'm going to have to try that next time we go there lol Yeah can always count on some kind of show out there thats for sure lol.

T
Troutcatcher
bigdog said:
lol I'm going to have to try that next time we go there lol Yeah can always count on some kind of show out there thats for sure lol.

When i was there about a week ago someone was cuting other peoples lines when geting tangled and starting arguments. people really need to be carefull becuase a lot of folks drink there and some have weapons.:naughty:

F
Fishtopher
Troutcatcher said:
When i was there about a week ago someone was cuting other peoples lines when geting tangled and starting arguments. people really need to be carefull becuase a lot of folks drink there and some have weapons.:naughty:

That sounds like it mighta been me. Any time you tangle up with my line, expect to have your line cut and back to you in 5 seconds.
Im pretty nice about that, some guys will crimp your barbs if you tangle up with em and they untangle.
Im not hangin out trying to untie some knot thats gonna kink my leader. And when a guy thinks hes gonna stop in front of me while bringin' his fish down, better keep on truckin' down to where no one is at. Alls I say is "keep on takin him down". If I have to say it again, Ill throw in afew more words I learned from the cool kids:whistle:.
Time is fish when fishin' the Alley. The fish could push through in the time it takes to untangle a leader or bank a fish.

F
FishKiller23
Ive fished there 4 times so far and its not my favorite spot but at the time I didn't know very many places. I saw tons people and to be honest I didn't see any fights. Or any one trying to start a fight.

The only thing I noticed was some people would drift way to long and tangle up with a few people down river. I am not the one to cut some ones line because of a honest tangle with that many people its gonna happen. But I would if it was the same dude over and over.

M
masmith
Fishtopher said:
That sounds like it mighta been me. Any time you tangle up with my line, expect to have your line cut and back to you in 5 seconds.
Im pretty nice about that, some guys will crimp your barbs if you tangle up with em and they untangle.
Im not hangin out trying to untie some knot thats gonna kink my leader. And when a guy thinks hes gonna stop in front of me while bringin' his fish down, better keep on truckin' down to where no one is at. Alls I say is "keep on takin him down". If I have to say it again, Ill throw in afew more words I learned from the cool kids:whistle:.
Time is fish when fishin' the Alley. The fish could push through in the time it takes to untangle a leader or bank a fish.

wow, you are an poopyhole.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bigdog
masmith said:
wow, you are an asshole.

Well yes he is a @$$ hole, but what he is doing there is keeping it real lol. Most the time you can have a new rig tied on and back in the water faster then trying to untangle some of the rats nest you can get out there.

V
VagrantAngler
Cutting someone's line saves more time than trying to untangle it; unless it's a simple hook to hook snag. I'd rather they cut the line instead of making me and everyone around wait to keep fishing. Besides with a bad enough tangle you'd have to replace the leader anyway.

A
autofisher
Fishtopher said:
I caught one Sculpin

ROFLMAO!:lol::lol: Thing put up a fight too!