Bowers Rocks State Park???

V
VladTepes
My buddies and I fish there, and have been hassled by the residents that live near by. It IS a state park, so I was wondering, why can't we be there? Also, does anyone know any good ponds to fish in Albany?

C
Combat Chuck
The only public access is by way of the Willamette. So you had to cross somebodys property to get to it. Its not the first time Ive heard that and its too bad they couldnt give us a trail or something.

V
VladTepes
Thanks for the info man. are there any other good spots in Albany?

C
Combat Chuck
You looking for bass? I think the best place this time of year would be the mouth of the calipooia or any access you can get to it. Early in the year simpson pond is good but it gets choked out with weeds in june.

C
chris61182
Combat Chuck said:
The only public access is by way of the Willamette. So you had to cross somebodys property to get to it. Its not the first time Ive heard that and its too bad they couldnt give us a trail or something.

Are you sure there's no land based public access? I was incorrect in my initial assumption about Cherry Ln going to the park boundry, it looks like Google is a little over zealous with some of the roads in that area. But there's still Bowers Rock State Park Rd just a half a farm field south of Cherry Ln with a bridge that appears to cross one of the side channels and goes into the park. Or is this road gated at some earlier point closer to Bryant Dr?

Last edited:
C
Combat Chuck
Yep, Ive checked all ownership through the county assessor. nothing :confused:

C
Combat Chuck
I can work on a map tomorrow to show what the state owns... see if any ideas pop up.