BOUNTY-ful fish

S
silver
Bounty Fishing

Bounty Fishing

Me and a buddy are thinking of heading up there to this summer to fish for pikeminnow. We're in college in Colorado and want one last fun summer while still making money. We plan to fish 6-7 days a week for 8+ hours from shore. I was just wondering if it would be worth giving up a $400 a week job here. (not including the fact I would rather fish for a living).
Any help and info on how hard it is etc. would be great. Thanks

T
Troutier Bassier
Well...... Its Hard...... But...... if ur good...... Its easy!.

But The best fisherman, Nikolay zaremskiy (my close friend) mad $43,000 last year. HE went evry day and on his best day caught 205 fish. (1k)

But No its not worth giving up a 400 buck job beacaue if your new to fising with pikeminnow. chances are... u wont do so good. especially with a the competion this year. its the final/ last year.

P
plunkme
im planning to go do some fishing for pikeminnows next weekend (8/9/10) with a few buddies, anyone else making plans to go out? maybe we shall me up

T
Troutier Bassier
Well im going pikeminnowing today but i have a buddy (sorry). But i will tel you my luck out there. Or if i get a skunk on me :(. But oh well.

T
The Nothing
i'm ready to start out next week... have a trip up the hills to make this weekend, else i'd be out.
I did catch one yesterday though...

T
tnffishman
well ive only caught pikeminnow in the pudding river, and only a couple. are there any in the willamette"?:think:

T
The Nothing
yep, pikeminnows are plentiful in most rivers.
bounty is only good in the columbia though

T
Troutier Bassier
I went today and got skunked. Its because of all the slamon minnows swimming around.

S
silver
Thanks for the advice. Please keep the updates coming because we're still thinking of heading up there toward the end of MAy.
Thanks

B
beaverfan
too bad you can't get the bounty in the willamette. i spent two days fishing multnomah channel and umongst tons of perch and peamouth i caught 20-25 pikeminnow

B
Black93Fox
For thoes of you guys that have done the bounty fishing, once you mailed in your voucher how long did it take you to get the money back? Also im sure they do this but do they take taxes out of the money? This will be my first year doing it, I fish a lot almost everyday when im not working so I thought would be cool to make a little money while im at it.

T
Troutier Bassier
'Bout 1-2 weeks. Depends on where you live. probaly.

B
Black93Fox
I went today an didn't even get a bite, you guys have any luck? Would like to atleast find a few places where ppl are catching them and give this thing a shot. Today wasn't a total lost I did catch a 9lb steelhead after i gave up on squaw :D

T
Troutier Bassier
My friend is on a wining streak already. He caught 2 yesterday! Amazing

B
Black93Fox
yea at the check station i registered at guy brought in 28 today ugly looking fish was my first time seeing one.

F
FishSchooler
You peeps should match the hatch (or the smolts...)! If the squaws are feedin on smolts, take a 4 inch swim bait that is like a smolt and toss it out. Since it would be smaller, a squaw should be more attracted to it since it is weaker. I havent tried it yet, but it's an idea. And there is almost no chance of hooking a smolt either.

T
thething
did I read correctly that this is the last year for sqawfishing bounty? that would suck I just started last year and was hoping to look forward to it each year.

T
Troutier Bassier
yeppp sure is.

T
thething
well that really sucks. Hopefully it might come back one year then.

T
Troutier Bassier
If someone else buys it it might not end.