Bottle cap lures

troutdude
troutdude
Has anyone tried using these lures? If so, do they really work? I'm guessing that maybe they do work well...just based on how many hits, this web site has had:

FYI...I have no intention of paying $40.00 for lures that I can make for about $39.00 less. But, I'm curious to know if they work. Thanks.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Ok I'll admit it. Yes they do work. A friend of mine brought a couple of those up to Lake Simtustus. While we were catching fish with rooster tails, he was doing well with the bottle caps.

Back before they came up with the snap top openers for pop cans they had "pull tabs". We used to make shad lures from them and they worked quite well.

R
rippin fish lips
i think ill try this, but i will first make sure it is okay with the company that makes the beer/cap first.

brandon4455
brandon4455
they work great, whe my mom was younger her and my aunt and uncle would make bottle cap lures for trout and bass because they were poor, she said it was also fun to make em it gave her somthing to do when she was bored

T
TTFishon
rippin fish lips said:
i think ill try this, but i will first make sure it is okay with the company that makes the beer/cap first.

I don't think you have to worry about that unless you sell them for profit.

R
rippin fish lips
TTFishon said:
I don't think you have to worry about that unless you sell them for profit.

ohh okay, makes sense now that i think about it lol.

G
Growbug
you can get 100 bottle caps for around $3 at most home brew supply places. They are available in lots of colors, and no worries about big beer companies.

troutdude
troutdude
You can also get FREE caps, from just about anyplace that sells drinks. Just ask; I did and got a whole bag full. It is also a pretty neat way to recycle.

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
these people that had this lodge in canada we used to go to , had a daughter . we had trouble catchin big kanook rainbows . she gave us each a couple bottle cap spoons and we did pretty damm good that day . they were made different . she fiattened them out and made them more like a salmon wobbler .