Bored

P

pennywise2

I started fishing regularly starting at the beginning of this year. I have mostly trout fished in near by lakes and im getting a little bored. i was wondering if anyone could suggest a differant form of fishing that i could do without having to purchase all new gear. Like i said, im a beginner so any tips will help. Thanks everyone.

A

ArcticAmoeba

You could hit local streams and drift fish just about anything for trout with the same gear you use for the stillwater gig. Or take-up Bassin. Lots of ponds are warming up enough to turn 'em on to eat. And you don't need anything special for that either. Hope you figure somethin out man. And where are you located? Or at least, what part of the state do you fish? I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions as well if they knew where you like to target feesh. And hey, by the way, welcome to the OFF ship man! Glad to have you on board here!

18406ej

18406ej

Welcome to OFF. You could try fly fishing using your existing trout spinning gear. It is a lot of fun, and I have had lots of success with this method. Check the spinning section for more info, or send me a PM and I will get you the proper link with what you need.

S

Scarecro

go hit the river for some bass. Here, the south umpqua is crawling with bass. theyre a fun aggressive fish. I usually only trout fish while im waiting for bass season.

P

pennywise2

Thanks for the welcome guys. Im living in the beaverton area. I have been fishing at Hagg lake, lost lake and cape mears lake. Thanks for the tips and links. You know of any other near by locations?

Top Bottom