Boot sock

T

TTFishon

Before I go and spend 10 bucks for a pair of socks I was wondering what is a good boot sock? What brand do you prefer?

M

Markcanby

I just wear plain old socks. didn't know there such a thing as Boot Socks. I have found that black socks last longer not sure why but they do. I think they are Wilson brand I also have some Dockers that are real heavy for winter.

T

TTFishon

I was looking on the Georgia Boots website and they have 10 dollar socks to wear with your boots. I call them boot socks. When I wear regular socks with boots they always seem to work their way down below the top of the boot. Last year I wore liners and didn't have that problem but they are super thin. So I was curious if some of the OFF peeps had a certain sock that they prefer when they wear boots. I'll keep the Wilson and Dockers brand in mind. Thanks.

S

steelhead1

thorlos are the bomb,lacrosse makes a good boot sock,and danner is good, also imo. I am kinda a sock junkie:)

98nismo

Cabellas has some good socks imo. I have hot feet so the moisture wicking socks work well for me

S

SALTYFISH

WorkWear they are really thich and don't creap down...

J

jeffcycles

I'd check out Swiftwick socks. They don't wear out and they breath well. You could wear their knee-high socks and run a marathon without them moving.

D

dude young

Cabellas has some good socks imo. I have hot feet so the moisture wicking socks work well for me

+1 I have the Cabela's Deluxe Cold Weather sock, probably 20 pair. They are the best sock I have ever had on my feet, period. I could wear them ice fishing, hunting, working (surveying) hiking, lounging. They are tall, up to your knee, with good elastic, so you never get a boot-full of sock. And when you pull them up over long-johns, they will stay up for a decade. They also have a wader version that comes about up to your chin. Great in hiking boots, hunting boots, waders, rubber boots, and sneakers. Just great. But a pair. If you don't like 'em, I will buy them from you (so long as you don't fill them with toe cheese). Which reminds me, I get the cheese, but not with these socks. They wick pretty darn good.

Link: Cabela's Deluxe Cold-Weather™ Sock

T

TTFishon

+1 I have the Cabela's Deluxe Cold Weather sock, probably 20 pair. They are the best sock I have ever had on my feet, period. I could wear them ice fishing, hunting, working (surveying) hiking, lounging. They are tall, up to your knee, with good elastic, so you never get a boot-full of sock. And when you pull them up over long-johns, they will stay up for a decade. They also have a wader version that comes about up to your chin. Great in hiking boots, hunting boots, waders, rubber boots, and sneakers. Just great. But a pair. If you don't like 'em, I will buy them from you (so long as you don't fill them with toe cheese). Which reminds me, I get the cheese, but not with these socks. They wick pretty darn good.

Link: Cabela's Deluxe Cold-Weather™ Sock

Wow! Spendy sock. Thanks for the link.

C

cookshot

Wigwams are pretty cheap and mine have lasted several seasons so far.

D

dude young

Wow! Spendy sock. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, but, I have had some pairs for close to 10 years. In my line of work and play, and living in Northern New England, I tried EVERY brand of sock mentioned above, and then some. I don't have any wigwams left, and all the others have been relegated to protecting my flocked goose deek heads. They work GREAT for that.

Like I said, you don't like 'em, and I'll buy 'em from ya.

T

TTFishon

Yeah, but, I have had some pairs for close to 10 years. In my line of work and play, and living in Northern New England, I tried EVERY brand of sock mentioned above, and then some. I don't have any wigwams left, and all the others have been relegated to protecting my flocked goose deek heads. They work GREAT for that.

Like I said, you don't like 'em, and I'll buy 'em from ya.

I'll order a pair next month and see what I think. Then I'll let you know. Thanks.

98nismo

I have the Cabela's Ingenius sock just one pair that my girlfriend bought for me. I had no idea how much it was till now haha. but its still worth it to me. I use them for work (in boots all day) snowboarding, fishing and other play and work. there may be others that work just the same but cheaper I would like some of thoes too.

J

JTLunker

I love the Smartwool Hunting system sock. They are $20 bucks, but are the best socks ever, well worth it.

E

everett464

haha, I get the feeling that you are getting more info than you really wanted, but I will give my 2 cents anyway.

I really like the GI boot socks that you can get at most surplus stores. They are American made, and CHEAP! You can usually get them for 3-4 bucks a pair.

They are comfortable, and durable. I stay away form the 50% wool; they are warm, even when wet, but they aren't very elastic, and can bunch. The stretchier, synthetic blend, socks with the anti-microbial silver lining are freaking awesome, and you can't beat the price.