Boot sock

TTFishon
Before I go and spend 10 bucks for a pair of socks I was wondering what is a good boot sock? What brand do you prefer?

Markcanby
I just wear plain old socks. didn't know there such a thing as Boot Socks. I have found that black socks last longer not sure why but they do. I think they are Wilson brand I also have some Dockers that are real heavy for winter.

Woodsman
Thorlo!!!
The best longest lasting boot socks I've ever owned!

TTFishon
I was looking on the Georgia Boots website and they have 10 dollar socks to wear with your boots. I call them boot socks. When I wear regular socks with boots they always seem to work their way down below the top of the boot. Last year I wore liners and didn't have that problem but they are super thin. So I was curious if some of the OFF peeps had a certain sock that they prefer when they wear boots. I'll keep the Wilson and Dockers brand in mind. Thanks.

TTFishon
Woodsman said:
Thorlo!!!
The best longest lasting boot socks I've ever owned!

Looks like Dick's sells them. I'll check them out. Thanks.

steelhead1
thorlos are the bomb,lacrosse makes a good boot sock,and danner is good, also imo. I am kinda a sock junkie:)

98nismo
Cabellas has some good socks imo. I have hot feet so the moisture wicking socks work well for me

SALTYFISH
WorkWear they are really thich and don't creap down...

TTFishon
Thanks guys. I now have a good idea of some socks to check out.

jeffcycles
I'd check out Swiftwick socks. They don't wear out and they breath well. You could wear their knee-high socks and run a marathon without them moving.

dude young
98nismo said:
Cabellas has some good socks imo. I have hot feet so the moisture wicking socks work well for me

+1 I have the Cabela's Deluxe Cold Weather sock, probably 20 pair. They are the best sock I have ever had on my feet, period. I could wear them ice fishing, hunting, working (surveying) hiking, lounging. They are tall, up to your knee, with good elastic, so you never get a boot-full of sock. And when you pull them up over long-johns, they will stay up for a decade. They also have a wader version that comes about up to your chin. Great in hiking boots, hunting boots, waders, rubber boots, and sneakers. Just great. But a pair. If you don't like 'em, I will buy them from you (so long as you don't fill them with toe cheese). Which reminds me, I get the cheese, but not with these socks. They wick pretty darn good.

Link: Cabela's Deluxe Cold-Weather™ Sock

TTFishon
dude young said:
+1 I have the Cabela's Deluxe Cold Weather sock, probably 20 pair. They are the best sock I have ever had on my feet, period. I could wear them ice fishing, hunting, working (surveying) hiking, lounging. They are tall, up to your knee, with good elastic, so you never get a boot-full of sock. And when you pull them up over long-johns, they will stay up for a decade. They also have a wader version that comes about up to your chin. Great in hiking boots, hunting boots, waders, rubber boots, and sneakers. Just great. But a pair. If you don't like 'em, I will buy them from you (so long as you don't fill them with toe cheese). Which reminds me, I get the cheese, but not with these socks. They wick pretty darn good.

Link: Cabela's Deluxe Cold-Weather™ Sock

Wow! Spendy sock. Thanks for the link.

cookshot
Wigwams are pretty cheap and mine have lasted several seasons so far.

dude young
TTFishon said:
Wow! Spendy sock. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, but, I have had some pairs for close to 10 years. In my line of work and play, and living in Northern New England, I tried EVERY brand of sock mentioned above, and then some. I don't have any wigwams left, and all the others have been relegated to protecting my flocked goose deek heads. They work GREAT for that.

Like I said, you don't like 'em, and I'll buy 'em from ya.

TTFishon
dude young said:
Yeah, but, I have had some pairs for close to 10 years. In my line of work and play, and living in Northern New England, I tried EVERY brand of sock mentioned above, and then some. I don't have any wigwams left, and all the others have been relegated to protecting my flocked goose deek heads. They work GREAT for that.

Like I said, you don't like 'em, and I'll buy 'em from ya.

I'll order a pair next month and see what I think. Then I'll let you know. Thanks.

98nismo
I have the Cabela's Ingenius sock just one pair that my girlfriend bought for me. I had no idea how much it was till now haha. but its still worth it to me. I use them for work (in boots all day) snowboarding, fishing and other play and work. there may be others that work just the same but cheaper I would like some of thoes too.

JTLunker
I love the Smartwool Hunting system sock. They are $20 bucks, but are the best socks ever, well worth it.

eggs
Burton snowboard socks for winter time or wading!

TTFishon
Wow, so many choices to choose from. lol Thanks for the suggestions.

everett464
haha, I get the feeling that you are getting more info than you really wanted, but I will give my 2 cents anyway.

I really like the GI boot socks that you can get at most surplus stores. They are American made, and CHEAP! You can usually get them for 3-4 bucks a pair.

They are comfortable, and durable. I stay away form the 50% wool; they are warm, even when wet, but they aren't very elastic, and can bunch. The stretchier, synthetic blend, socks with the anti-microbial silver lining are freaking awesome, and you can't beat the price.

Top Bottom