Status
Not open for further replies.
T
TTFishon
Has anyone fished Bond Butte Pond?

Bond Butte Pond Fishing

S
steelhead1
Bond Butte Pond is an ugly place, but there are bass bluegill and channel cats present. Gets windy and there is not much shade, but there are some big cats in there!

C
Combat Chuck
LOTS of bluegill... try fly fishing there ;) It gets really weedy too later on

T
TTFishon
Any bluegill of decent size like maybe around 9 or 10 inches?

C
Combat Chuck
no... small and stunted but fun if your on a dry streak.

T
Thuggin4Life
Go up there once a summer cat fishing but never catch the channels. I know some old timers who tell stories of monster cats.

B
bassin16
Where is Bond Butte pond?

F
FishSlayer420
Bond Butte Pond

It's about twenty minutes north or Eugene you need to take the Harrisburg exit and take a left off the Freeway go down about a mile or two and you will see a sign that says Bond Butte ponds on your right from there on out its pretty easy to get there. and there is Bluegill or decent size in there last summer we caught consistent 10 inchers with a few small ones but its super fun out there.

F
Finneus Polebender
still tryin to google that sucker up too much other stuff out there looks like water

T
Thuggin4Life
I had a hard time with google so gave up and had someone take me.

F
Finneus Polebender
think i found it if not i found sumthin that might be worth lookin at is it east or west of i -5 ? directions indicate west i think water i am lokin at on east side.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah the directions indicate west and the pond is east. When you get of the freeway you go back over the freeway heading west then you turn right so now your heading north. Then the road either curves or you turn right but you end up heading east and you drive over the freeway putting you on the east side. Finneus Polebender if you decide to go up there maybe you could tow my little aluminum boat up there and check it out. We catfish there but i haven't fished for bass there yet. The one time i took my boat up there i was too tired to fish in the morning. I don't work so my schedule is wide open.

F
Finneus Polebender
possible but if its the one i am lookin at very small , might be better in toon shallow draft and all.will let ya know if i decide to check it .I am developing a group of these places that i feel the need to explore so will have to prioritize

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah toons are cool but i don't have one. If you pull the pond up on google earth it is the one that is oddly square. All the corners are perfect right angles and the sides are straighter than straight. Its a loon skinny rectangular pond. here are the directions... From I-5 head west on Diamond Hill Dr and then turn north on Rowland Row. Next turn east on Bond Butte Dr and follow it over I-5. Turn north on the gravel road and you are there. This road has two boat ramps on it but ends shortly and its a hike to the bigger part of the pond. Finneus Polebender if you go pond exploring i would like to go with you and fish from the bank if you take you're toon or i could take my inflatable kyak.

F
Finneus Polebender
toons

toons

have more than one toon wouldnt leave ya on the bank,not that there is anything bad about the bank, always seem to have more fishable area from a boat though.

T
Thuggin4Life
Cool man. Hope these directions help all who needed them.

C
Combat Chuck
Uh... its where I-5 and Bond Butte Drive meet... lol. I can't make it any simpler than that :lol: Its north east of the intersection to be specific.

F
Finneus Polebender
ahh that simplifys it thx

N
new boater
has anyone tried this area yet?
been driving by it lately for work and have seen a boat on it.
is there a ramp there?

C
Combat Chuck
There is a decent gravel ramp there.

Status
Not open for further replies.