Bond Butte Pond Fishing Reports 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
kemfish
kemfish
Went out yesterday still looking fr my catfish. Pond is about 2' down from when I last fished it in mid summer. All the brush on the shorelines which had produced well for me earlier int eh year were well out of the water. Nearly completely weed choked too. Couldn't use my pedal drive and couldn't find a good lookin spot to drop for catfish. Threw some Texas rigged worms into the holes I could find and caught a few 10"s.

Looking at it now its hard to believe my first trip in the spring actually involved trolling some minnow baits over the deeper spots.

Reactions: NKlamerus and plumbertom
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
kemfish said:
Went out yesterday still looking fr my catfish. Pond is about 2' down from when I last fished it in mid summer. All the brush on the shorelines which had produced well for me earlier int eh year were well out of the water. Nearly completely weed choked too. Couldn't use my pedal drive and couldn't find a good lookin spot to drop for catfish. Threw some Texas rigged worms into the holes I could find and caught a few 10"s.

Looking at it now its hard to believe my first trip in the spring actually involved trolling some minnow baits over the deeper spots.
It's been on my list to head out there but I may have to look elsewhere it seems, was hoping the weeds died off some but it won't matter if the water drops like that

Reactions: plumbertom
kemfish
kemfish
I'd try somewhere else. It was frustrating just moving around. much less finding good looking targets to cast at. Large parts of it must be only a foot or so deep now. I suppose there's a chance the fish could be concentrated around the spots that used to be 5-8ft deep and a person with the right presentation could catch a bunch. I'm not that guy.
Between my not catching salmon trips to Winchester Bay I've been doing pretty well (for me) with bass fishing at a number of other places so no need to come here.

Reactions: NKlamerus
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Well I had no intentions on hitting bond tonight but I got to my other spot and there was already a dozen people out there, and bond butte was the next closest run

She's definitely weedy, the back is a little better but the water immediately gets tannic, dozens of nutria out there

Bite was nill until closer to sunset, right place at the right time, caught 13 fish, lots of dinks but 4 healthier ones. Biggest went 3lbs 10oz

Fish were stacked in two holes, my trolling motor did pretty good, a pedal drive would be a nightmare I think

Had a powered parachute fly over and give me a show, pretty wild stuff

• 20221011_182255.jpg
  • Snapchat-1552789893.jpg
  • 20221011_183513.jpg
  • InCollage_20221011_204402531.jpg
  • 20221011_184557.jpg
  • 20221011_183726.jpg
  • 20221011_182618.jpg
  • 20221011_182228.jpg
Reactions: plumbertom and fromthelogo
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
kemfish said:
I'd try somewhere else. It was frustrating just moving around. much less finding good looking targets to cast at. Large parts of it must be only a foot or so deep now. I suppose there's a chance the fish could be concentrated around the spots that used to be 5-8ft deep and a person with the right presentation could catch a bunch. I'm not that guy.
Between my not catching salmon trips to Winchester Bay I've been doing pretty well (for me) with bass fishing at a number of other places so no need to come here.
Are you heading back out there after the rains? I might try it later this weekend, not sure if I'm leaving town yet

kemfish
kemfish
NKlamerus said:
Are you heading back out there after the rains? I might try it later this weekend, not sure if I'm leaving town yet
Probably not in the next week or two. I've been alternating between heading to Winchester Bay to try for salmon with hitting some of the other lakes in the Eugene and Florence area. I like catching everything so I try to keep a bit a variety in my fishing spots. Right now I think Triangle, Hult and the Freeway Lakes (also low) are my bass spots. Siltcoos and Woahink have also been good to me this year.
Every time I drive to Winchester I eyeball the Umpqua and can't believe I hit it only once this year. It was my goto last year for a fish filled day. Maybe I can squeeze a trip in this week. It looks like a character building week of weather though.

Keith

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
kemfish said:
Probably not in the next week or two. I've been alternating between heading to Winchester Bay to try for salmon with hitting some of the other lakes in the Eugene and Florence area. I like catching everything so I try to keep a bit a variety in my fishing spots. Right now I think Triangle, Hult and the Freeway Lakes (also low) are my bass spots. Siltcoos and Woahink have also been good to me this year.
Every time I drive to Winchester I eyeball the Umpqua and can't believe I hit it only once this year. It was my goto last year for a fish filled day. Maybe I can squeeze a trip in this week. It looks like a character building week of weather though.

Keith
I forgot about Horton/hult for awhile, might need to make a trip soon. Think I'm gonna head to bond butte this weekend for sure, haven't decided where else

kemfish
kemfish
Hult is pretty. Had it to myself last two times I went. Weeds are starting to drop back, but are still present giving some nice hiding spots along the deeper water. Also found good numbers of eager 10"ers next to shore in the timber.
Very good looking wild cutthroats too, even if they're a bit skinny.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Shes flipped! Never even saw a fish, first skunk trip in awhile

All the holes I had fished previously were super brown and dirty, weeds are definitely dying but the rain also stirred it up some

Couple duck hunters out there blasting for awhile, certainly didn't help

Reactions: plumbertom and fromthelogo
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Weeds are starting to die off, caught one small fish the size of a senko

Was a able to do a ton of mapping which was worth it

At one point I thought I heard some commotion, looked over to find a mouse struggling on the surface of the water

There was a falcon of some kind flying ahead, I'm assuming i spooked it out of the brush and in the process it dropped the mouse about 10' away from me

Unfortunately it had already been dispatched, thought the bird might return but it never even glanced over

Reactions: fromthelogo
DOKF
DOKF
NKlamerus said:
Weeds are starting to die off, caught one small fish the size of a senko

Was a able to do a ton of mapping which was worth it

At one point I thought I heard some commotion, looked over to find a mouse struggling on the surface of the water

There was a falcon of some kind flying ahead, I'm assuming i spooked it out of the brush and in the process it dropped the mouse about 10' away from me

Unfortunately it had already been dispatched, thought the bird might return but it never even glanced overView attachment 639588View attachment 639589View attachment 639590
Bass or muskie bait. Seen any muskies lately? Hawk is not likely to come back for it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.