Bond Butte 2021

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Hit the water about 5pm today and fished until dark, blue bird sky and wind out of the north at a constant 6-7mph

Water is crystal clear and the weeds/algae are unbelievable right now, definitely the worst I've seen in the area.

Never saw any bass cruising, ended up catching 2 while pitching a senko in overhanging brush

Bigger of the two went just under 4lbs
b80025ab03363d6f90d6961ec5c59a2f.jpg
40e9398b077b649ae08306911fec5c40.jpg
878f7444e02226ef7eaacf8347506507.jpg
a93c6675d6623d114fc4e35bc55fbece.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bass, Clbagshaw and Admin
bass
bass
Thanks for the report! That one was a piggy. Did you get a water temp?

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
bass said:
Thanks for the report! That one was a piggy. Did you get a water temp?
Unfortunately I did not, "too cold to swim in"

I don't want a full sonar rig, might get a cheap aquarium thermometer though

bass
bass
NKlamerus said:
Unfortunately I did not, "too cold to swim in"

I don't want a full sonar rig, might get a cheap aquarium thermometer though

I used to carry an aquarium thermometer before I got a FF with a temp sensor. The funny thing is that at some point the glass tube slipped a bit (slid on the metal back that had the temp grid) and I got some readings that were off for a week or two before I realized what was going on. I thought fish should have been spawning but the water temp was still in the 50s. Bad data is worse than no data :)

Reactions: NKlamerus
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
bass said:
I used to carry an aquarium thermometer before I got a FF with a temp sensor. The funny thing is that at some point the glass tube slipped a bit (slid on the metal back that had the temp grid) and I got some readings that were off for a week or two before I realized what was going on. I thought fish should have been spawning but the water temp was still in the 50s. Bad data is worse than no data :)
I might actually have a digital one laying around somewhere.

In most cases the water temp doesn't change much in what I'm throwing, fish gotta eat no matter the temperature!

bass
bass
Only reason I care about temp is for the spawn. That is the only time I think temp is really important.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
bass said:
Only reason I care about temp is for the spawn. That is the only time I think temp is really important.
Agreed

I think I've relied on sight more than anything else this year, weather has just been temperamental!

bass
bass
This has definitely been a weird year. The Willamette went from a good bit colder than usual to warmer than usual in really short order. Maybe we should fish wacky rigged worms to match the wacky conditions.

Top Bottom