Boiler Bay- again

S
Shadelady
hey folks we went out to Boiler Bay again- we had have some new friends who wanted to learn how to fish there. we started off by going to Siletz BAy and gathering sand shrimp and clams ( i brought a thermos of extra hot coffee to "cook" the clams in). then we made our way down to Boiler Bay. we did well, for us- my girlfriend got 2 sea trout, a perch, and a rockfish. our friend hooked up with a rock and brought it up; i got another perch- i had a trout but lost it up the cliff. made for a nice dinner for 4. was really a great day.

O
Oregonchris
You need to start taking some pictures an post them up! Sounds like a hoot!

S
Shadelady
you're right i should, but yesterday in particular was one of those absolute perfect days that i think taking a moment to snap a photo might have upset it. i know how weird that sounds.

side note, we baked some of the fish and BBQ'ed some - it was great both ways. had cole slaw and 2 kinds of rice, corn and bread to round it out. am making myself hungry again!!

C
cope
how did u bake and bbq them i allways deep fry mine lookin to try something new

S
Shadelady
um... i wasn't too involved in that aspect, but ti seemed like we filleted the fishes and soaked them (for the worms) then sprinkled with seasonings- Mrs. Dash on some, Dill sapt pepper mix on the others, wrap in foil and go. i think it was 20- 30 mins.