Boiled eggs

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Pan of water on stove..high heat....put in eggs....let boil (really hot).....pick pan up off stove.....spill boiling water on your foot....toss pan with eggs....jump around....rip off sock.....run to bath tub....run cold water on foot.....cool foot down.......pick up eggs and pan.....peel eggs add salt and pepper. Bandage foot don't go fishing while steelhead are thick. Sit and wonder how to get the scalded foot into your waders. Next time I try to cook I'll try corn flakes!!!!!::lol:

Last edited:
Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Painful egg-sperience

Painful egg-sperience

Pan of water on stove..high heat....put in eggs....let boil (really hot).....pick pan up off stove.....spill boiling water on your foot....toss pan with eggs....jump around....rip off sock.....run to bath tub....run cold water on foot.....cool foot down.......pick up eggs and pan.....peel eggs add salt and pepper. Bandage foot don't go fishing while steelhead are thick. Sit and wonder how to get the scalded foot into your waders. Next tme I try to cook I'll try corn flakes!!!!!::lol:

Oh,ouch! Sorry to hear about your painful experience. I know how much that hurts. I know it's too late now,but I can share a cooks lil tip with you. Next time put the eggs in when you first put the water in and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for a minute,remove from heat and run cold water over the eggs to cool. In the meantime,make sure to keep an eye on your foot for infection. Back in the day,our moms used to smear butter or Crisco on the burns. :shock: Remember? Didn't know they were effectively cooking us!! :confused: Now I try to immediately put ice on it or submerge it in ice water. Stings like crazy and then about the time you think you're going to wet yourself,it starts feeling so much better. Can't tell you how many times I've been seen with my hand in a quart jar of ice water...Take care of the foot and the fish will be waiting for you.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Oh yes I remember those days.....butter was the big one at our house. Now it's cold water and a loose dressing!

B

beaverfan

I just tried your recipe, I think I'll stick to mine from here on out. It doesn't involve 2nd degree burns over 3/4 of your foot. Here's my recipe for a mess, feel free to try it out. Just make sure you got a ton of paper towels handy.

1 large salad bowl
1 box of cereal (your choice)
1 spoon
4 cups milk
1 pair of slippers
1 set of carpeted stairs
1 mooseknuckle

Put the cereal in the bowl
Pour in milk
Put spoon in bowl
Now this is the important, make sure you have on the slippers and are at the top of the stairs
Now run down the stairs like an idiot
Slip fall on your but and splash milk over two entire walls, the stairs and the ceiling
If you really want to get tricky do it in shorts, I did and had a rug burn from my ankle to my butt on both legs.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
I had no idea cooking could be so dangerous!!!!!! I'm not even going to do the corn flakes now.:lol::lol:

T

Troutier Bassier

Lmao. Wow.
I spilled boiling hot noodles on my foot. (Thank god my mom wasn't home) It hurt like a Johnson!
I know how you feel bro. I hate cleaning up spills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Really?

Really?

Lmao. Wow.
I spilled boiling hot noodles on my foot. (Thank god my mom wasn't home) It hurt like a Johnson!
I know how you feel bro. I hate cleaning up spills.

Alright,do you really think that just because my hair is grey that I'm too old to NOT know what a "Johnson" is,young man? C'mon now,you know better. I realize that some of the newer members are a bit off color,but I am surprised you would think you can get away with that kind of language. How about if YOU set the example for these new guys and let them look UP to YOU for being mature enough to remember this is a family forum with ladies,gentlemen and youngsters reading 99% of the posts every day? I would rather see you as a leader than a follower.
Thanks TB.
;)

A

autofisher

1 large salad bowl
1 box of cereal (your choice)
1 spoon
4 cups milk
1 pair of slippers
1 set of carpeted stairs
1 mooseknuckle

:lol::lol::lol:

Be careful with Top Ramen too. Boiling hot water spilled on your crotch will make you scream like a little girl no matter how big and burley you think you are.

A

autofisher

Just for beaverfan

Just for beaverfan

Now it fits.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FishSchooler

street term.... yeah....my circle of friends... total different term.

Hey uh... autofisher... uh it says on your website... "no animals have been harmed to make this website" or something... uh... what's that supposed to mean??? :lol:

O

OnTheFly

Pan of water on stove..high heat....put in eggs....let boil (really hot).....pick pan up off stove.....spill boiling water on your foot....toss pan with eggs....jump around....rip off sock.....run to bath tub....run cold water on foot.....cool foot down.......pick up eggs and pan.....peel eggs add salt and pepper. Bandage foot don't go fishing while steelhead are thick. Sit and wonder how to get the scalded foot into your waders. Next time I try to cook I'll try corn flakes!!!!!::lol:

Do this..you'll feel better: Fry eggs next time.....have waders on before eating breakfast..(saves time)...carry first-aid kit in vest (in case of streamside accidents), don't leave without the Jamasons, and regardless of the run, go fishing anyway.:D

A

autofisher

Hey uh... autofisher... uh it says on your website... "no animals have been harmed to make this website" or something... uh... what's that supposed to mean??? :lol:

Means that I didn't kick my dog or anyone else's while making the website. None of the fish caught were harmed. They were returned to the water to do thier duty.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Last edited:
B

beaverfan

I graciously accept my award! It has taken a lifetime to achieve such stupidity. I'm just glad my dad is finally proud of me!

G

GDBrown

Bliss

Bliss

If ignorance is bliss then I know a lot of Very Happy People....

:rolleyes:Some times it's nice not to know how dumb we can be.. Me included.:confused:

GD

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Do this..you'll feel better: Fry eggs next time.....have waders on before eating breakfast..(saves time)...carry first-aid kit in vest (in case of streamside accidents), don't leave without the Jamasons, and regardless of the run, go fishing anyway.:D

Well this sure is giving me some time at the fly bench. I think I'll wrap the darn thing up and try to hit the water tomorrow. Tying some of those Tenny Nymphs up you posted on another thread. I have a few but they are getting old. Been taking my medician for the foot too, comes in a green bottle, and had to be put in a glass with ice. Cools the foot down you know.