Bobber doggin

S
Steel4life
It's been awhile since I've been on or even looked. But I just picked up the new synopsis for fishing and notice that we can't bobber dog anymore? That's what I think I read? Any input would be great. Thanks

J
JeannaJigs
I haven't forked over 200 to get my required licensing yet, so haven't got my hands on that fancy new reg book yet. What's the wording?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

S
Steel4life
They arent currently in front of me. But something along the lines of if your bobber fishing your terminal tackle can't be bumping the bottom. Where is Roger with his great intelligence of regs lol

J
JeannaJigs
It's probably because on the rivers such as the salmon where they made it float fishing only to cut down on snagging with a drift set up, people were getting around it with bobber dogging, which is drift fishing with training wheels.

J
JeannaJigs
Is it statewide or river specific I wonder though?

S
Steel4life
That was statewide regs, with in notes that say check zone exceptions

S
Steel4life
Agreed but I hand some steep river ledges that it was way nicer to bobber dog, then to try and drift fish 4ft in front of you

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
the Salmon/Steelhead Bobber Fishing Rules (leader length limited to 36") only applies to specific locations, it says that clearly on page 12, same thing for the Anti-Snagging Gear Restriction Rules.

I see anti-snagging rules for Big Creek, Three Rivers, Coos Bay, N. Umpqua River, Rogue River, and Eagle Creek.

I see Bobber fishing rules for S. Fork Santiam River, Winchuck River, N. Umpqua River, Chetco River, Trask River, and Salmon River.

Check where you will be fishing to be sure! cheers, roger

S
Steel4life
Thank you. So the diagram was an overview explanation for for zones where it is applied?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Steel4life said:
Thank you. So the diagram was an overview explanation for for zones where it is applied?

yes, the rule details are in the text above the diagrams on page 12, the diagrams just help make the rules easier to understand.

In the text is also says:
"See regulation exceptions for where antisnagging gear restrictions are in place."
"See regulation exceptions (for) where salmon/steelhead bobber rules are in place."

S
Steel4life
Okay now it makes more sense, lol thank you Roger.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I just downloaded the regs and Roger is correct the verbage only applies to places with exceptions.