Bobber and jig this season! :)

T
Troutier Bassier
I went out fishing today for the first time in a long while!!! left home at 4am,,then headed straight for the crick! went right up to the hatchery and walked down to my favorite few holes, after a few hours of casting, a tie on a cork bobber with a peach AeroJig and cast to a current seam, it was drifting Really slowly and i wasn't paying much attention, then i felt my rod take a big DIP downwards! instantly I set the hook on my Lamiglas XMG50 and I knew it was a fish, i just couldnt belive it though. I wasn't wearing waders just rubber boots that were up to almost my knees, so this fish wasn't that fiesty, so it fought a little, took some line but stayed close by. maybe 40 feet. I get it to a sandy shallow patch of water and see NO FIN!! :D I grab its tail to confirm and rip its gills as soon as I took out the hook. NICE ONE! Chrome!! :) MY FIRST HATCHERY WINTER STEELHEAD!!
Heres the bad part, as I took the steelhead I took a big stick to bonk it, my hands were numb from being in cold water, i hit the steelhead HARD!!!... and aslo hit my index finger! :( :( wow.. Now my finger nail is pure purple and swollen like a sausage.
It was worth it!!! anything for this beauty. :):cool: steel.jpg

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish george thats a beast! and pput a shirt on your making it hot in here bro LOL. and if your fingernail is purple the nail ewill proably fall off and grow back yikes!

B
BobbiDollPDX
Dude, it's November where's your shirt.

brandon4455
brandon4455
BobbiDollPDX said:

george is a beast he dosen't need one XD

T
Troutier Bassier
In Soviet russia, November is best for sun bathe.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice fish TB.

M
mgdguy
Nice and congrats on the first keeper winter steelhead!!

You'd be warmer if you wore clothes though :p

brandon4455
brandon4455
Troutier Bassier said:
In Soviet russia, November is best for sun bathe.

hahaha. theres a kid at school who does soviet russia jokes.

T
tnffishman
that's how ya do it... good way to start the season, best regards for ur finger btw

troutdude
troutdude
Hope your finger heals up quickly. At least you something to show for your trouble.

Oregon sun bathing in November...that's a new one! LOL

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice catch! kinda wierd to me how a fresh winter picks up color so quick when our fresh summer that travel 3 times the distance are bright er than that. Again nice fish man. I bet it was fun to catch something on that new rod.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
CONGRATS TB!! BOTH ARE BEASTS!! :clap: :dance:
:yay: :yay: :yay:

W
waco
nice fish but i dont know if you cought that fish because you are good or because your sexy lamiglass LOL

K
Kais
great fish, bet it fought hard. What river

B
beaverfan
Eagle Creek

H
halibuthitman
ok, the fish story was fine.... but explain the wolverine thats attacking your head.... and as far as soviet russia.... one name Ronald the Reagan Bro.... you lost

kirkster
kirkster
BobbiDollPDX said:

Its gotta be the hat that keeps him warm. When I had one just like it I would be down to my boxer shorts. Lol

Hey im just messin with ya bro. That's just how I roll. Nice fish and nice pecks as well.;)

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
classic hat, i had the CCCP badge thing in the front but i took it out for the photo...