Bobber and Egg for Coho

V
VagrantAngler
So I've never gone after Coho using Bobber and Egg and was wondering if you rig up the same way you do for Kings and just tone it down a bit with a smaller chunk of egg or if it's a completely different set up. Any suggestions?

R
rog_lewis
I'm also curious, never bobber fished for salmon. Tried searching images on google with not much success.

K
Kodiak
VagrentAngler said:
So I've never gone after Coho using Bobber and Egg and was wondering if you rig up the same way you do for Kings and just tone it down a bit with a smaller chunk of egg or if it's a completely different set up. Any suggestions?

Purty much....I have seen coho in the costal tidewater eat chinook sizes baits. With as quickly as coho move through a section of river they are a little easier to target with drift gear.

V
VagrantAngler
I usually drift for em or spoon and spinner em...however I had a few Banner days on pinks on the Puyallup River and want to try out some of my freshly cured eggs!

Last edited:
M
Mike123
Depends on where your fishing... for coastal coho I've never had a problem getting a bite on my Fall nook setup.. For the Sandy river those things we're as finicky as he11! My buddy was using a #4 hook, 8lb. flouro and the smallest split shot they make and was KILLING them.. but me I was using slightly larger set up and only got two hook ups... The guys that were getting bites were using little to no weight at all and very light line.

V
VagrantAngler
Hey Kodiak,
Speaking of using spinners on Coho;) you see my order come through yet?:pray:

S
steelheadstalker31
I've caught coho on bobber and eggs up river on the Alsea. I was using a slip bobber set up with an egg loop. If you don't know how to tie this up we have a video on how to do it. I was using a 25cent size piece or roe.

Diehard
Diehard
bobnegg

bobnegg

useing fresh coho eggs i absolutely slay the coho on bobber and egg put on a slip bobber 1/2 ounce style then tie up a normal drift rig setup weighted accordingly to bob size drop your favorite colored coho corkie on use a decent size gob of eggs last year i was throwing a gob about half the size of a golf ball and my bobbers were takeing off up river caught a ton of fish this way early morn until sun starts to come out and if theres a lot of fish around you wont be accdently foul hkn them and spookn them good luck

L
luv2fish
VagrentAngler said:

for inland river fishing for silvers...good rule of thumb is use a bobber with one oz. weight atleast....1-1/2 or 2 even.. for coastal rivers...i use heavier bobber but then i keep lighter lines then nook and well...for chinnok i use say a little less than fist size roe....for coho i'll say a lil less...infact last year my friend keep hooking one after another but they were all wild....this was at nestucca river near the town of beaver....

at clackamas i still use 1 or 2 ounce weight with float for silvers..although a l lighter line then chinook

K
Kodiak
VagrentAngler said:
Hey Kodiak,
Speaking of using spinners on Coho;) you see my order come through yet?:pray:

Paint day today..tie day tomorrow (316 blades, 57 minis to tie, 13 raptors, 7 predators) mail monday..so tueshday or wed.

V
VagrantAngler
It's the only thing I like getting in the mail brother! Everything else is bills!

F
FishSchooler
Its raining!

H
HANKIII
What would be the best thing to use after all this rain in the clack ?