Boating question

S
smoky
I have a 10 ft pontoon style bass raider boat and I was wondering if a 30lbs thrust trolling motor would be enough to get me around on the willamette. It handles great on Lakes but never had it on a river. I was thinking bout above the falls cause it seems like there is less current on that part of the river. I would be in the oregon city area so any advice would be much appreciated.

C
Camo
How fast can you row ?
And how long can you tread water?
There's a guy I fish with that has the same set up as you. He never has trouble in the estuary . We can sometimes get a two knot current. How fast is the current on the Willamette?

Reactions: troutdude
D
DrTheopolis
Camo;n603096 said:
How fast is the current on the Willamette?

Right about now, it's somewhere in the 1000MPH range.

S
smoky
Ya it's flowing way to fast now. But I was thinking more in the summer time to fish the banks for bass.

S
smoky
I think I've decided though I'm just gonna save up for an aluminum boat with like a 10 hp. And sell my boat

C
Camo
There are some places where a pontoon boat is a real advantage over other craft.
Not to be pushy, have you considered buying an aluminium boat and keeping the Raider?

EOBOY
EOBOY
Fishwhisperer44 does the willy above and below the falls all the time on a 9 ft toon. I've been with him a couple of times myself. No motor!