Boating the Molalla river

G
Growbug
I just picked up a Pelican Scorpio ickle boat. Perfect for me and a kid, or just me ;)
OK, its not a boat I would take down the Molalla when the water is high, but, summer, when the water is lower, which are the best stretches that we can just drift down?
We are interested in trying to catch anything that swims and have a nice relaxed time about it.

Thanks for any help

M
Markcanby
For just you an the kid? Goods Bridge on the south side of Canby to Knights Bridge on the north west. Take Segmented Rapalas an catch more smalls then you can count.

A
adambomb
I agree with markcanby, if you just want to catch fish, any fish, stick with the lower portions of the river. I had a couple of days this summer where I landed 15-20 trout in 3 or 4 hours. I would stay below Wagon wheel to catch the most trout and bass and pikeminnows.

G
Growbug
Thanks for the info.
I have assumed that most of the stretch between Wagon Wheel and Feyrer Park was unfloatable. Looking at Google maps, which looks like it was photo'd in the summer, most of the river is shallow above Wagon Wheel.

M
Markcanby
From Wagon Wheel to Goods Bridge even gets to shallow in the summer. Its good fishing water but a long float maybe too long for a kid.

G
Growbug
is Goods Bridge the one that crosses the river just south of Canby. just past the Helicopter and new shopping mall on the way to barlow?

Methinks a little transom mounted set of wheels would be good.. At 35lb, she can sit in the back as i pull the boat over and around.. I have a nice set of thick sand wheels, now just to engineer the problem out.

A
adambomb
Growbug said:
is Goods Bridge the one that crosses the river just south of Canby. just past the Helicopter and new shopping mall on the way to barlow?

Methinks a little transom mounted set of wheels would be good.. At 35lb, she can sit in the back as i pull the boat over and around.. I have a nice set of thick sand wheels, now just to engineer the problem out.

No, thats the 99E bridge. Goods bridge is on hwy 170 between lone elder and canby. And if you want to put in there, you will have to carry the boat, as I don't think the trail is good enough to roll it down to the water