boatin on thursday or fri..

R
ryno28
well just bought a boat and taking it to try out the fishing in look-out dose that sound like a good spot to try my new boat??? oh its a bayliner so what do you guys think yes look-out or should i try somewhere else???

ryno28

B
bigsteel
look out would be good......

R
ryno28
alright thanks bigsteal so it looks like me and my girlfriend will be heading out there on friday.. oh and i heard there might be some wallie in there is that true???

troutdude
troutdude
Me thinks that I"ve heard that there are Walleyes in Look Out. But definitely trout and chinookanees too!

Try trolling an Orange Dick Nite wobbler, or a Brass Little Cleo, or brass Kastmasters.

M
metalfisher76
troutdude said:
Me thinks that I"ve heard that there are Walleyes in Look Out. But definitely trout and chinookanees too!

Try trolling an Orange Dick Nite wobbler, or a Brass Little Cleo, or brass Kastmasters.

You mean cohokanees?:lol:

B
bigsteel
troutdude said:

you said dick nite wobbler:lol::lol::lol::lol:this is a family forum:lol:

M
metalfisher76
bigsteel said:
you said dick nite wobbler:lol::lol::lol::lol:this is a family forum:lol:

Gutter head:lol:

B
bigsteel
metalfisher76 said:
Gutter head:lol:
:tongue::tongue::tongue:its early

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good Family Counselor Wanted: Apply Within...

Good Family Counselor Wanted: Apply Within...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

troutdude
troutdude
I'm not sure how it's spelled. I only just heard of them last month.

B
bigsteel
im just teasin

T
Thuggin4Life
they are land locked chinook. I would go fish lookout but if you are worried about your band new boat and having to beach it since there isn't a dock you should go to dexter.

M
metalfisher76
Thuggin4Life said:
they are land locked chinook. I would go fish lookout but if you are worried about your band new boat and having to beach it since there isn't a dock you should go to dexter.

O, well I don`t anything about what the hatcheries are doing in yer chunk of OR. I just assumed he was talking of the actual kokanee, and was kiddin around, since kokanee are a "land locked-lake population of sockeye"

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah it a play on words since kokanee are land laocked sockeye and land loccked chinook have no special name we coined the word chinokanee. ODFW does some strange things. Like truck springers above a dam that has know fish ladder for them to contuinue there migration which is man made to begin with and then expect there offspring to be able to make it down there "fish passage" which kills most of them and a lot of them just decide to stay in the lake. This is at fall creek not sure why they are in other bodies of water but I do know that they stock them for some reason but its never in there stocking schedules/reports.

M
metalfisher76
Thuggin4Life said:
Yeah it a play on words since kokanee are land laocked sockeye and land loccked chinook have no special name we coined the word chinokanee. ODFW does some strange things. Like truck springers above a dam that has know fish ladder for them to contuinue there migration which is man made to begin with and then expect there offspring to be able to make it down there "fish passage" which kills most of them and a lot of them just decide to stay in the lake. This is at fall creek not sure why they are in other bodies of water but I do know that they stock them for some reason but its never in there stocking schedules/reports.

gotcha, chinookanee it is. weird, kinda:)

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah and they look a lot like a koke just with more spots and back color and the black gums.

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. I do think that "chinokanee" is correct; as they are 'nooks and not coho's. But, hey, I didn't know about them until Thuggin' told me.

M
metalfisher76
So where can I get cohokanee??:lol:jk no boat.

troutdude
troutdude
I would suspect that these fish are down deep, and come up to chomp on smaller kokes or trout or other minnows. I'm not real sure, but I'd say they probably aren't catchable from the bank (for the most part). But maybe I'm wrong about it?

Thuggin, what say ye?

M
metalfisher76
metalfisher76 said:
So where can I get cohokanee??:lol:jk no boat.

I was just bein a smart arse.