Boat storage options

G
ghostcow
Hi Guys,
I'm getting a boat next weekend and I need to come up with a good storage location. Boat with trailer is about 24 ft total and I'm looking for storage in the SW Portland area, covered storage preferable. I've searched and found a few places online but I was wondering if anybody had any personal experience or suggestions. Thanks for the info.

T
Thuggin4Life
I prefere my garage.

B
Bullitt
The garage is great but at 24', a "normal" garage is too small unfortunately.

Sorry I can't help but I can sure sympathize. I have off site storage as well. Good luck.

T
Thuggin4Life
Maybe a folding trailer tounge could come in handy. Our landlords have what looks to be a drawerless dresser one of the bedrooms that shares a wall with there garage. Turns out it is a cover to where he had to cut a hole in the garage wall to gain and extra 2'. I gues it makes a nice stand. And they had to use the folding trailer tounge deal. With my little garage I think I could get a 17' in it and maybe a 20 if I angled it and did the folding deal. Sorry not from there so I don't know a place but I hate to see you not have the boat at home. Maybe a cheap roof garage top gazebo looking thing alongside the house?

G
ghostcow
Interesting responses. Thuggin, if you lived closer to me I would be more than happy to store it in your garage! ;) I, unfortunately, am garage-less and I should have known better when I bought the place, hindsight and all that, oh well. I'm thinking I will end up keeping it in my tiny driveway and my tent trailer will have to find a new home as I'm more likely to go fishing after work than camping. Also, I'm fine storing camper 20 minutes away but that would be pain with the boat.
The trailer doesn't have a swing tongue and will that plus motors on offshore bracket it comes in at about 28 ft. so it would take a big hole in my imaginary garage to make that work, doh!
I may look into those steel carports, thanks for the link. Somebody just around the corner built a real nice wooden one which looks very nice, I may see if he would help me do the same for mine.
Thanks again.

B
Bullitt
If you decide to build something, even if it's a tarp type cover, you may want to look into your local building and planning codes. A couple phone calls asking about a hypothetical cover could save you some grief down the road.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats what I would try to do make you own. Do you already have a carport. You could us the rv parking I have and cover it for a small fee of letting me use it once or twice a year. but year try to make it along side of the house out of the way a bit or something. Tent trailer being used less and not needind all the prep work a fishing trip with a boat requires I would store the tent trailer. You should post some pics of the spaces you have available and maybe some of us here would have an idea or 2 for ya. good luck man.