Boat ramp etiquette

DrTheopolis

OK, I didn't read the links (but have in the past).

What I'll add (to material I haven't read yet, which I guess makes ne arrogant), is that no matter how good and experienced you are, if you use boat ramps enough, sooner or later, you and yours will be "That Guy" -- no one is perfect. And when it's the guy in front of you whose turn it is to be That Guy, don't get mad... be patient, and offer to help in any way possible.

If someone ties up their boat in a dumb spot, don't yell at them -- OFFer friendly advice -- you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

JustMe

Ok, I did read the links.

I think there are a few steps that are out of sequence that may be dangerous for those with inboard engines. It says after launching your boat and moving it out of the way of the launch ramp, start your bilge blower and then start your engine. If you have an inboard, you should ALWAYS run you bilge blower at least five minutes before starting engine. Turn on your bilge blower while preparing boat for the launch ramp. This will ensure there are no fuel fumes in bilge when engine is started. For new boat owners, please read your boats manuals!

rogerdodger

Ok, I did read the links.

I think there are a few steps that are out of sequence that may be dangerous for those with inboard engines. It says after launching your boat and moving it out of the way of the launch ramp, start your bilge blower and then start your engine. If you have an inboard, you should ALWAYS run you bilge blower at least five minutes before starting engine. Turn on your bilge blower while preparing boat for the launch ramp. This will ensure there are no fuel fumes in bilge when engine is started. For new boat owners, please read your boats manuals!
good comments, safety first!. I don't really see any steps out of order and I guess my feeling is that under "Launch" instructions, there is an assumption that people know how to operate their boats. cheers, roger