Boat Ramp C

G
gottafish
I'm wondering if there is any sign of the new docks at boat ramp C yet? Is boat ramp A very busy? Thanks for any info. I'm hoping to get out there Friday.

B
beaverfan
I would try calling Washington county parks to find out.

G
GDBrown
gottafish said:
I'm wondering if there is any sign of the new docks at boat ramp C yet? Is boat ramp A very busy? Thanks for any info. I'm hoping to get out there Friday.

I was up there Monday evening and there was not sign of the new floats yet.

GD

W
wormosa
i asked the park people on monday about the dock and they told me they are shooting for april 1st for the dock

D
dude young
I hope they never put them in. No one is using the ramp so it makes it nice to pull up, unload the boat, and be fishing in no time. Last Saturday, ramp A was a zoo. They need a car-top launch there for us folks without 24 foot ThunderJets and Moomba-doomba's

troutdude
troutdude
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

WELL SAID!

B
bernduffy
I'm trying Hagg for the first time tomorrow. Besides the C ramp site, any other pontoon put ins not too far from the Scoggins end? I can wheel the toon a good distance (with not too big an incline.) The C ramp situation sounds good for now.
Bernie

W
wormosa
boat ramp c u are golden there

W
wormosa
ENGLISH TD lol i am a simpleton lol

troutdude
troutdude
English???

T
Troutier Bassier
Im attending at 800m. 2000m and 4000m Open water swim at Boatramp C... May 31st!

W
wormosa
your post had allot of big words my friend, i was just teasing you, i hope all is well with you, things are looking good for me, and so much happier without the wife...

troutdude
troutdude
Ah...10-4. I actually had copied that from someone's tag line. Pretty funny stuff.

Glad things are better for you.

I'm going to Sheridan Pond tomorrow, for a bankie trip. And, Saturday I'm hittin' Big Creek Reservoir, in Newport, for some monster brooders (up to 16 pounds). It's an annual boat outing and tradition, for me n' my bro-in-law.

If you get out, hope u have fun on the water!

G
gottafish
Thanks to all who replied with some worthwhile info. Some of you I'm not sure what planet you're from. I just wanted to find out how hard it is right now to launch a boat to do some fishing with there being only one dock available. I'm not sure what all this other stuff is that has shown up on this thread. Oh well. Maybe a bunch of kids playing on the computer.
Some people who have physical limitations need a dock to be able to get on a boat to try to go catch a fish or two. So having docks at boat ramp C is important to some of us. Thank you to those who helped me with the decision on whether it is best to wait to go to Hagg until the new docks are in.

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Gotta,

Very sorry. Right after I hit the send button, I realized that we had drifted away from the original thread topic. We should've been PM'ing each other, instead of adding to the thread (when we got off topic).

I fished at Hagg, on the opener. We rented a boat right next to ramp C. I do recall lots of boats going in and out of the ramp. But, I do not think that there was any dock on the water.

I hope you are able to get out there and drop a line in...and have great luck doing it!

Again, sorry for wandering off topic. And, I'm really not sure why anyone was talking about going for a swim. At least, we were talking about fishing (for the most part). ;-)

D
dude young
gottafish said:
Thanks to all who replied with some worthwhile info. Some of you I'm not sure what planet you're from. I just wanted to find out how hard it is right now to launch a boat to do some fishing with there being only one dock available. I'm not sure what all this other stuff is that has shown up on this thread. Oh well. Maybe a bunch of kids playing on the computer.
Some people who have physical limitations need a dock to be able to get on a boat to try to go catch a fish or two. So having docks at boat ramp C is important to some of us. Thank you to those who helped me with the decision on whether it is best to wait to go to Hagg until the new docks are in.

Sorry. I guess that was my East-coast, anger infused, way of saying that 1) no, they have not installed the new dock as of the time of my post, and 2) I really wish that they would construct a car-top put in for those that are not trailering boats/kayaks/toons... to the lake. Then, things got out of hand. While I never want to loose my East-coast edge, I do appologize for being insensitive. And, I do hope to be one of the bigger-boat-trailering crowd again, soon.

Hope to see you up there, with a bent rod and a tight line.

D
dinghy
I was there yesterday no docks yet. guys still launching their boats. opening weekend they had a park employee hold your boat. do not know if they are doing that every weekend. I will see today when I go.

B
bernduffy
As of yesterday (Friday 3/19) The docks for Ramp C are still sitting piled up in the parking lot.
I enjoyed Hagg very much: while I did not catch any thing but two small released trout on Powerbait, I look forward to returning soon. Especially want to fish for bass in the the weeds and brush down the Scoggins end when it gets a bit warmer. Gonna break out the rapalas! I was in my motored pontoon, but saw lots of good banking areas.
Definitely will purchase a pass.

B
bernduffy
Wow: $50 for a year's pass? That's no bargain. I doubt I'll get there the 10 times to make it a break even deal... The OSP pass is $50 for two years and gets you into a couple of dozen parks, and I'll do McIver 10 times by end of summer not to mention a few others.
Washington County pass is only good for Hagg, Metzger and Eagle. Too much...for too little...too bad.

D
dinghy
did not see any park employees holding boats on sat. guess your on your own launching a boat.