Bluegill or crappie near Sherwood

R
Ravenhood
Looking to take my wife out one last time tomorrow (before school starts, I am a bus driver) and looking for a new place other than Hagg that can provide us with a fun day of catching bluegill, crappie, and most importantly DINNER!

We are in Sherwood, and I would like to keep it fairly close. Tried fishing Hagg, I know I can get them there occasionally. ST louis ponds is another. Got skunked at Commonwealth and bethany.

If Hagg is still my best bet, where should we go? We have no access to a boat so keep that in mind

P
pinstriper
St. Louis was going to be my suggestion.

J
jacknrubin
Try fishing off of the docks at the various city parks along the Tualatin River. Any slow moving water is bound have panfish and possibly crappie in that River. There are some parks in Tualatin, Tigard. and Sherwood -- Just check out satellite view on google maps.

L
limey222
I seem to catch more than my fair share of Bluegill when fishing for Crappie or Bass at Hagg lake. Fish the small pool at the south end of the dam with bits of night crawlers. As close to the dam rock fill as you can. Use a bobber and fish quite shallow to avoid the rock snags.

R
Ravenhood
limey222 said:
I seem to catch more than my fair share of Bluegill when fishing for Crappie or Bass at Hagg lake. Fish the small pool at the south end of the dam with bits of night crawlers. As close to the dam rock fill as you can. Use a bobber and fish quite shallow to avoid the rock snags.
We went out there a couple of weeks ago. caught a few, but mostly dinks. Also fished St louis ponds. no keepers.