Blue Lake (Troutdale)

S
Stradic2000
A few years ago I caught a nice sized largemouth (6 - 7lbs.) on a Terminator 1/4oz. spinnerbait, white/chartreuse skirt with a small gold colorado blade/large silver willow leaf blade. It was around noon, on a late July, sunny blue sky day. 8lb. Stren original moss green on a 2000 shimano spinning reel/6'0" medium action rod. Baitcasting from the shore with all the trees to your back is kinda difficult, if you're gonna bank fish this lake, take spinning gear! If I was in a boat, it would be baitcast only for me.

Anyone here have any luck fishing Blue Lake for largemouth?

Blue Lake also has Green Sunfish, not a very common sunfish around here..

!WARNING: Do NOT keep any fish from Blue Lake, this lake had too many Mercury poisoning warnings over the years. I wouldn't even swim in this lake! It's a decent place to fish, but that's about it!

T
Troutier Bassier
I caught tons of Largemouth there on small plastic grubs. Its fun sight fishing for them,

S
Stradic2000
My favorite grubs are the Kalin's 3" in pumpkinseed. I used to use them all the time in the local farm ponds. Sight fishing, like you said, you spot them then make that perfect cast, pull the lure in from of their face and BAM!! Were you in a boat? All the times I fished Blue Lake, I couldn't see much from the shore into the water because I wasn't up high enough, too much sun glare..

R
ryan808
Went there last week and caught a bunch of LM, nothing of size though. Its shallow and very weedy right now, when the weeds go away and some water comes back in I sure the fish will come out to play again.

T
Troutier Bassier
April is the earlyest ive caught them. Last week of april when the sun comes out.

Top Bottom