Blue lake park

kidholiday
kidholiday
How is the bank access at this park? Looking to get some decent bass.

kidholiday
kidholiday
I made a trip to that park yesterday afternoon after spending all morning at Hagg. I would say it was a waste of my 5 bucks, but I at least got to look at the place. I won't be heading back there. :mad:

Bass Man
Bass Man
that sucks

that sucks

kidholiday said:
I made a trip to that park yesterday afternoon after spending all morning at Hagg. I would say it was a waste of my 5 bucks, but I at least got to look at the place. I won't be heading back there. :mad:

Did you fish for just Bass? They did stock this lake for trout but the last time was a month ago. Was anyone else doing any catching? How did you do at Hagg?

Last edited:
Bass Man
Bass Man
kidholiday said:

Hi Kidholiday,
I was just reading your post concerning your trip to Hagg on tuesday, you can disregard my last question. Well one trout is better than a skunk right? Maybe a trip down south is what you need to land you some bass, just a thought.

Troutski
Troutski
Go south my friend...

Go south my friend...

South is the direction I would travel if I were you and wanted Bass. If you do decide to travel to my neck of the woods shoot me a pm and I can probably hook you up with a few very productive areas accessible from shore or boat. Funny about the lake just being stocked with Trout, one of my favorite Bass lures is a Castic Trout swim bait. The funny thing is the lure is as big as a hatchery Trout.... Large Mouth really do love there Trout...Crane in Central Oregon is proof of that.

Chuck

kidholiday
kidholiday
Bass Man said:
Hi Kidholiday,
I was just reading your post concerning your trip to Hagg on tuesday, you can disregard my last question. Well one trout is better than a skunk right? Maybe a trip down south is what you need to land you some bass, just a thought.

Down south to the land of AZ would be more like it or even to the south east. I am so used to fishing for the bucket mouths in places where it is warm almost all year. LOL. I will get them.

Bass Man
Bass Man
If your willing to travel

If your willing to travel

kidholiday said:
Down south to the land of AZ would be more like it or even to the south east. I am so used to fishing for the bucket mouths in places where it is warm almost all year. LOL. I will get them.

Hey Kidholiday,

Hopefully someday I'll get a chance to fish the southern states for some Bucket Mouths or Smallies but for now Oregon will do. If your up for a trip you should check out some of the fishing opportunities in the South Willamette area's of Benton, Linn and Lane Counties. Willamette river, Freeway lakes, Foster Res., Ballenger pond, Delta ponds to name a few locations which have seen success lately. Lots of locations around here, if you haven't checked them out maybe you should. I'm really suprised about Hagg, I mean the smallie state record did come from Hagg. I'm sure Troutski can also offer many locations down here, I believe he offered to help you. Good luck.

kidholiday
kidholiday
I made one trip down there basically a scouting trip. I did find delta ponds but wasn't sure where to fish. Now I know which one to hit. With gas prices the way they are I probably won't be back down there for some time. :( I will get some bass. I just have to get this anti fish replant off of me. Good luck out there.

Bass Man
Bass Man
Where are the bass

Where are the bass

kidholiday said:
I made one trip down there basically a scouting trip. I did find delta ponds but wasn't sure where to fish. Now I know which one to hit. With gas prices the way they are I probably won't be back down there for some time. :( I will get some bass. I just have to get this anti fish replant off of me. Good luck out there.

To bad you didn't hook up with Finneus Polebender and Riverfisher down at the Delta ponds, they have been doing good there. Yep, gotta luv those gas prices:mad: Have you tried fishing on the Willamette yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
kidholiday
kidholiday
Yeah haven't hooked up yet.

Troutski
Troutski
Hills Creek...

Hills Creek...

If you can make it down here in the next 6 weeks I will be willing to give you the front seat of my craft, very nice Trout and Salmon lake and the Large Mouth are Trophy size for my area, one can have a 10 fish afternoon with an average of 4 or 5 lbs respectfully speaking. Warm water and very little pressure for the size lake it is. Nice population of aggressive Crappie also, just an invitation for day on the water and sore cheeks:D
Let me know with a PM...

Chuck

T
Troutier Bassier
At Blue Lake I saw A GIANT and I mean GIANT Largemouth there that was dead. I Have a Pic. Too bad It was like a Day or two old. My friend Snagged it when he was fishing on the bottom. It was dead already and he dident see it so he accidentally snagged it.

So That proves that there is Largemouth in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
R
rippin-lips
I used to work for Metro Parks at Blue Lake Park and watched a guy catch a largemouth bass that weighed in around the 10 lb mark - at first, they thought it was a state record fish, the park ranger came down and measured it, weighed it and took photos of it. This thing was a pig! It was during the summer of 1999.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, I saw a picture of it.
Was it caught on a Plastic worm?

kidholiday
kidholiday
Troutski said:
If you can make it down here in the next 6 weeks I will be willing to give you the front seat of my craft, very nice Trout and Salmon lake and the Large Mouth are Trophy size for my area, one can have a 10 fish afternoon with an average of 4 or 5 lbs respectfully speaking. Warm water and very little pressure for the size lake it is. Nice population of aggressive Crappie also, just an invitation for day on the water and sore cheeks:D
Let me know with a PM...

Chuck

Hell with Gas prices now I am not sure when I will be heading back down there again. Thanks for the offer I will have to hit you up some time. Good luck.