Blue Lake, Oregon Fairveiw

Y
Youngfishermen
Hey Guys and Girls, I'm going fishing to blue lake on friday, and need to know what kinds of fish are there and what to use. Thank You.!:unconscious:

M
Moe
Worms on the bottom or a hole nightcrawler under a float

Y
Youngfishermen
Today I went to the lake next to blue lake its called Fairview lake. Never caught anything

V
VMAN-Fishing34
I'm going to chinook landing tonight it's right by blue lake, il be there till 8:30 or so. Throw a worm and let it hit the bottom. I've been pulling out all sorts of fish. Suckers, catfish, perch, bass, even a flounder haha. More for fun then for food

H
halibuthitman
VMAN-Fishing34 said:
I'm going to chinook landing tonight it's right by blue lake, il be there till 8:30 or so. Throw a worm and let it hit the bottom. I've been pulling out all sorts of fish. Suckers, catfish, perch, bass, even a flounder haha. More for fun then for food
you can only fish the Columbia during day light hours.. and its dark long before 8:30..

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
halibuthitman said:
you can only fish the Columbia during day light hours.. and its dark long before 8:30..

yep, with sunset at about 6pm this week, that would make 'last legal' 7pm.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
Oh snap I had no idea. Il be out before sunset

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
VMAN-Fishing34 said:
Oh snap I had no idea. Il be out before sunset

for almost all fishing, first legal is 1 hour before sunrise, last legal is 1 hour after sunset...

bass
bass
halibuthitman said:

Unlawful to:
1. Angle for or take salmon, shad, steelhead, sturgeon, trout or whitefish except in daylight
hours (one hour before sunrise until one hour after sunset). See exceptions for
specific waterbodies: Southwest Zone (Rogue River, Section 3); Southeast Zone
(Miller Lake and Lake-of-the-woods); and Columbia Zone (McNary Dam to Oregon-
Washington border);

If you are bass, cat, carp, walleye, perch fishing I think that these are all fine after dark. However, don't try to convince anyone that a carp will hit a spin'n'glo :)

P
PTownAngler
Where do you fish at Chinook Landing? I've only ever used the boat launch.