Blue lake fishing/boating

N
njbinkers
i was just wondering about boating and fishing on blue lake in fairveiw. on metro's website for blue lake it stated that personal watercraft is allowed from oct 1-april 30th and that renting a boat from may 1-sept 30.
now does that mean i can't use my pontoon boat on the lake after april 30th when its prime fishing season? or is that just park and not the lake?

and btw where are the great fishing spots on blue lake?

18406ej
18406ej
See my post below...

Last edited:
N
njbinkers
18406ej said:
Yes, you can take your pontoon out after the 30th, as long as it is under 14'. I don't know of any good spots there, but I am sure someone else will chime in...Good luck,

thank you very much....ill print this out if i get in trouble hahahaha

18406ej
18406ej
Actually, I have to retract my statement. In my dyslexic frame of mind I read the regulation wrong. It actually states that personal watercraft are allowed from October to April 30th. I believe that after the 30th you have to rent one of their craft. Sorry that I confused you.

N
njbinkers
18406ej said:
Actually, I have to retract my statement. In my dyslexic frame of mind I read the regulation wrong. It actually states that personal watercraft are allowed from October to April 30th. I believe that after the 30th you have to rent one of their craft. Sorry that I confused you.

see thats what i thought. but im wondering if thats just a park rule, or a lake rule cuz there is boats on the lake from home owners. i just think that its metro park wanting you to rent their boats durring fishing season to make money off you and they "close" their ramp

troutdude
troutdude
Metro can tell us that we can't use our own craft after April 30th? That's insane! I see no ODFW reg's to that effect. Is their a fine, if you're busted? Man, I'd go elsewhere.

Here's an ODFW list of 50places to go fishing, within an hour of Portland:

Fish Division - Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

P.S. I'm so glad, that I don't live there.

N
njbinkers
ya i know its insaine thats why i was wondering if ANYBODY knows!!! ill fish other places ad have, its just this is right down the street from me

troutdude
troutdude
I understand your plight. I once lived in East Portland/Gresham for 2.5 years. I can relate, to how close it is and how frustrating it can be. Just an attempt to give you some options. Hope that you can find somewhere else that's close.

How about the sloughs--and Smith and Bybee Lakes--out by PIR? Bybee is 200 acres and has bass, crappie and bluegill. Access is a bit tricky, but can be done. WARNING: wear long pants and shirts...there are nettles all over.

Smith is 60 acres. It holds white crappie, bluegill, yellow perch and bass.

Last edited:
R
ryan808
I tried last summer and you can't take a personal craft in Blue lake after April 30. I ended renting one of those rinky ding pedal boats and hated the whole experience. I would take advantage of the time now and try to fish that place. I went with a buddy in December on toons and I killed them, Im sure the big ones are out now or soon to be and with the redent weather change it should be a good time to go.