Blister from waders

S

SmallStreams

My right foot's big toe is a little crooked, thus where it joins the foot there's a large knob. Normally it isn't a problem, but the waders seem to chaffe badly and I inevitably get a blister on the knob by the end of a couple hours. I've tried single socks and doubled thick socks, but I'm always getting a blister there. Anyone have other ideas?

O

OnTheFly

Applying medical tape to the areas prone to blisters usually works. I've done this while backpacking and never had a problem.

J

JeannaJigs

Mole skin. definitely. Sometimes if it's real bad you can use mole skin and tape over for extra padding. Mole skin works pretty amazing though

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Hmmm,when Cynthia showed her doctor her "knobs",she was sent to an orthopedic surgeon to have the "bunyans" (sp) removed. He told her if she didn't get it done,it would just keep growing...back on her feet in two days and back to normal in a few weeks.

M

metalfisher76

Yep, they don`t stop. But it all depends on how bad they are and how fast they grow. And that, usually, has to do with the shoes, how much yer on yer feet, weight and stuff...

S

SmallStreams

Just a follow-up to say that mole skin is the way to go! No more blisters for me!

Other observations:
1) padded vs. unpadded mole skin has been irrelevant for me
2) cutting a hole in the padded mole skin (more like the padded bunyan rings) was the same as applying without a hole
3) trimming the pad to just cover the affected area keeps me from having to pull hairs when removing the moleskin
4) the mole skin backing is amazingly sticky and doesn't shift around, much better than adhesive bandages

T

TTFishon

Hmmm,when Cynthia showed her doctor her "knobs",she was sent to an orthopedic surgeon to have the "bunyans" (sp) removed. He told her if she didn't get it done,it would just keep growing...back on her feet in two days and back to normal in a few weeks.

Might not be bunyans. My big toe is crooked as heck on both of my feet. I was born like this. 1284310819.png In order to get it fixed they have to break my toe and put pins in it.

S

SmallStreams

TTFishon's toes are a very extreme example of how my right foot is. Not bunyans, but bone pushing out.

Top Bottom