Blade baits

T
TTFishon
Has anyone used blade baits for trout before?

R
Rascal
no but they sure look cool

R
Reed
I have some in my box, but have never tries them, maybe I should?

T
the_intimidator03
I think they would work well for trolling... may even happen cross bass while trolling LOL

T
TTFishon
I watched a video yesterday of a guy using them to jig for walleye. I bet they'd work for kokanee that way too.

L
Left Bank
I used them years ago on Coldwater and Castle Lakes up by Mt. St. Helens. I rigged them up with a single barbless hook due to restrictions on these lakes at the time. Skunked in 4hrs at Coldwater but caught 3 in Castle in a couple hours if I remember correctly. Cast them out from the bank.
I still have the two lures (brass and chrome) and don't know who made them. Hadn't been used unless I come across these restrictions again.

T
TTFishon
Hmm. I might order one just for the heck of it.

T
Thuggin4Life
I won't be getting any of them anytime soon. let us know how they work.

F
fishfighter
those are a big thing for walleye on lake eerie hear in Michigan they fish for walleye but also pick up some steelhead and I've seen psts on here about it before what is a kokanee?

T
TTFishon
fishfighter said:
those are a big thing for walleye on lake eerie hear in Michigan they fish for walleye but also pick up some steelhead and I've seen psts on here about it before what is a kokanee?

A kokanee is a land locked sockeye salmon.

F
fishfighter
ok thanks not meaning to get to much off topic but by lake trout I guess your referring to the species lake trout?

T
the_intimidator03
lake trout has several other names that it goes by including mackinaw and lake trout... there are other names but those are the two used most commonly around here. They are a type of char.

F
fishfighter
yea I fish lake superior for them a lot if anyone comes to Michigan and wants to catch some I can point you in the right direction and I think they might be named after a town in Michigan