Black tail rifle hunts 2014

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Who else is chasing blacktails tomorrow (or this season)????
I am! I'll be out there searching for the Northwest ghost

troutdude
troutdude
Good luck STK!

S
SteelyDan's
I did in Sept and will be again in November. Good Luck and post pics if ya get one.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
IMG_1388.jpg
Well I got the job done on opening day (10/4/2014) on this little 2x3. He walked out into a clearcut following a doe and I put the hammer down at about 90-100 yards away with my 7mm. Fried up some of his hind quarter and backstrap already and he tastes damn good

Admin
Admin
Nice! [emoji106]

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent!

R
Richard W T
I'll be out this weekend trying to get my first deer!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Have any luck yet Richard??

S
SteelyDan's
Finally got him.

Finally got him.

Got this buck earlier this week with my bow. Been after him for a few years now, first black-tail since I moved over on this side of state. First of many I hope. Passed him up a couple days before for a better opportunity and I got it and didn't miss. He was regressing at this point so I was glad to get him this year. Hopefully he makes some good meat snacks for steelhead season.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Damn nice buck!

R
Richard W T
no luck for black tail. Put in around 60 miles hiking and only saw Doe. Went back to the South to visit family and got a White Tail! About a 110 yard shot with my brothers 30 06. Most likely the smallest legal male taken....ever. But he has been damn good eating. Butchered it and flew it back as my check in luggage.
I picked up a bow after the season ended and I'm not sure if I'm going to get a rifle tag or a bow tag this year.
Opinions?