Biters in the Sandy!!!!

B
bigdog
Well hit the sandy this morning around, well I'm not to sure what time it was:think:. Hit it with kirkster, we fished arond pipeline for a while and saw fish rolling and jumping but no action on the end of the rods. We decided to make our way down river a little bit and see what was going on there.

Got to the next hole, I have to say I really like this hole. I started out tossing a spinner as well did Kirk. On his first cast he had what he thought was a snag for a sec then the snag started tugging back at him:shock:. That fish on lasted for about ten secs.

I decided to switch to eggs and bober, not to long after that I got fish on. Landed a ok size buck. About ten minutes later Kirk is still tossing the spinner and as it is dropping down in the water it got hit fish on, this one turns out to be a nice big fat hen. Just so happens to be Kirks first fish on a spinner and have to say I think he liked it. As he is fighting this fish I start to get ready to reel in my eggs to see if I can help him land it and wouldn't you know it fish on:dance:. Had to yell to him "Sorry your on your own man we got us a double":lol: Now there is a sign of a good hole when you are the only two people in said hole and you end up with a double. Turns out we both got some eggs from the double both get hens.:cool: (I won't say this to often but his was bigger then mine)

Little more time goes on I miss a couple bober downs and then there it is another one on the spinner. Kirk ends up landing a buck this time.

So have to say was a good day on the water four fish landed and we were leaving with a day still. Left at around 1:00pm.

sandy10-09-09001.jpg

sandy10-09-09002.jpg

sandy10-09-09003.jpg

sandy10-09-09004.jpg

sandy10-09-09005.jpg

B
bigdog
sandy10-09-09006.jpg

sandy10-09-09007.jpg

B
Bohemian
What a great day and fun pics to look at! Congratulations:clap::clap::clap:

M
metalmania
Nice work guys:clap:.

A
autofisher
Nice work guys! I'm actually jealous. Been hittin the Salmon with no luck. Might have to switch it up and go North.

F
FishSchooler
The hole looks great! especially with the fish... I havent seen any bit of river like that yet. Mind sharing where these holes are? I have yet to learn what the garbage, pipeline, etc. holes are.

W
wormosa
nice fish you guys !!!! beauties:shock:

F
fishin_fool
awesome fishing guys wish I was there with ya

B
bigdog
Yes it was a great day all. We had a good time and the nite was pretty good to.

Kevin you wouldn't be able to make it to this hole or most the holes we go to for the river and the spots you have to cross would take you down and under. No I'm not joking or giving you a hard time on this one, The water we cross almost takes us for a ride. Gets waist deep and is a strong curent.

Autofiher you might want to head down this way. The fish aren't in by the hundreds like most people want to see but when you take the time to find the right spots and spend the time and work it takes to get them it's worth it. Lot of people think and say the fish aren't there or aren't biting but they are you just have to work for them.

Last edited:
kirkster
kirkster
Oh Ya Killin Coho

Oh Ya Killin Coho

:dance: Great job bigdog on the pics, Looks almost as good as it did in person. There is nothing like killin coho on a sunny october day and with no one else in sight. Once again thanks dog for the invite. It was a nice break from the cedar creek circus.
Believe bigdog about the hairy situations to get to that hole. There were a couple times I wasn't sure where I'd be when I got where I's goin. :lol:

A
autofisher
I haven't fished the Sandy since I was in highschool and lived in Troutdale. I can only imagine how the rivers changed. From what I do remember, there are some awesome spots that only the bravest people should attempt getting to. I've seen people swept downstream by the current. When I get a chance, I'll be shootin you a PM bigdog. And then it'll be a fish massacre.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Bigdog/Kirkster way to go! Walking and wading down to that hole.........you earned every fish you got. I was there in March after winter steelhead, but I had an easy ride on a 14' pontoon and didn't have to walk back out. That kind of enthusiasm puts a smile on this old guys face. Good luck and stay safe out there.;) Irishrover

Last edited:
kirkster
kirkster
Oh Ya Killin Coho

Oh Ya Killin Coho

:dance: Great job bigdog on the pics, Looks almost as good as it did in person. There is nothing like killin coho on a sunny october day and with no one else in sight. Once again thanks dog for the invite. It was a nice break from the cedar creek circus.
Believe bigdog about the hairy situations to get to that hole. There were a couple times I wasn't sure where I'd be when I got where I's goin. :lol:

B
bigdog
kirkster said:

Yeah have to agree great to get in to fish in a spot like that, when you have a hole that large all to yourself and can fish any part of it with out being worried about getting tangled in someones line or getting a glare because someone feels you are getting to close to thier spot.

Was good day and always a good time to hit the water with you Kirk. I'm thinking by next weekend not only will just about everywhere be good fishing but I think coho island will be hot. Don't think after the rivers go up any we will be able to make it to that hole by walking.

Y
youngbuck307
sorry i missed out today guys i would of went if i seen the post about going. looks like you guys killed them I hope to be able to make it out with you guys next time!!! Good job on the fish.... nice walk back with fish isn't it!!! I had to walk out with 2 from there the other day with CJ and it was fun!

B
bigdog
youngbuck307 said:
sorry i missed out today guys i would of went if i seen the post about going. looks like you guys killed them I hope to be able to make it out with you guys next time!!! Good job on the fish.... nice walk back with fish isn't it!!! I had to walk out with 2 from there the other day with CJ and it was fun!

Well you didn't miss a post, it was a last minute thing. I mean last minute to like decided it at fiver thirty this morning lol.

Yeah fun walk with some fish but still worth it. Thats all part of the putting in the work part that has to be done for getting in to fish and enjoying a beautifull spot like that one.

Reactions: Fishydog
Y
youngbuck307
lol its all good dude ill catch you next time

F
FishSchooler
bigdog said:
Yes it was a great day all. We had a good time and the nite was pretty good to.

Kevin you wouldn't be able to make it to this hole or most the holes we go to for the river and the spots you have to cross would take you down and under. No I'm not joking or giving you a hard time on this one, The water we cross almost takes us for a ride. Gets waist deep and is a strong curent.

Autofiher you might want to head down this way. The fish aren't in by the hundreds like most people want to see but when you take the time to find the right spots and spend the time and work it takes to get them it's worth it. Lot of people think and say the fish aren't there or aren't biting but they are you just have to work for them.

Well... I don't even have waders, so that'll have to wait a long time.

And... what's with all the tuff faces? No smiles? :lol:

kirkster
kirkster
Hey FishSchooler,
If you ask bigdog real nice:pray: he will probably give you a ride on his shoulders.:lol:

kirkster
kirkster
FishSchooler said:
Well... I don't even have waders, so that'll have to wait a long time.

And... what's with all the tuff faces? No smiles? :lol:

Its not that I dont want to smile I try. I think I need therapy