Birthday rod

B
bigdog
Ok so I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post it but here it is :lol:
I got my birthday set up today got me a berkely IM8 9'6" 8-14 baitcaster and decided to go with the Daiwa Tierra 153HL reel. Not the top of the line set up but a pretty nice one.

I was looking at a rod they have from shimono that cost $200 and its going to be on sale this friday for $75 :shock: but I have to say I like the feel of the berkely better then that shimono so went with the berkely.

Thats a heads up for any one that might be interested though on the sale for friday and the berkely's will be on sale for I think he said $65 fri sat and sun. I'm going to go in with the reciept this weekend and get the sale price, hell thats like $30 back.

So now I have to head out this friday and go test it on the water. Yeah like I needed a reason to go fishing:lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sweet deal

Sweet deal

Sweet deal on the new set up. :) So,when's the big day? You weren't going to let us know,eh? :think: Happy Birthday,whenever it is. :dance: By the way,don't wait too long with that receipt,they don't legally have to refund the sale money. Good luck on the water.

S
SNDSLGR
Dollar for dollar, I think the Berkleys are pretty tough to beat. I have 4 of them, two are nearly 10 years old. Lots of fish, rocks, branches, drops etc and they still work great.

Y
youngbuck307
LMFAO thats the same set up i have... well had rod is... lil shorter now lol

I think you will like it i know i loved mine!

B
bigdog
Raincatcher said:
Sweet deal on the new set up. :) So,when's the big day? You weren't going to let us know,eh? :think: Happy Birthday,whenever it is. :dance: By the way,don't wait too long with that receipt,they don't legally have to refund the sale money. Good luck on the water.

It was on saterday, same date as last year :lol: Being the one that makes the money for the house I kinda have to get my own birthday gift but that's ok because then you know you are going to get what you want.

Yeah I like the berkely I have a IM8 in a spinning rod set to and like it. Like I said I checked out the one shimono rod that runs $200 and I like the feel of the berkely better. Just goes to show that just because something cost more don't always mean it's better. The shimono did have a life time warranty but I feel as long as you are carefull and treat it right you won't need that and they are not going to be making that model any more. They will be warehousing a bunch of them for the warranty though.