BigSteel birthday bash on the Mckenzie River..

E
eggs
Dave and I went out on a drift for his birthday and what a day it was!

Slow fishing, no bugs, and sub par weather didn't stop us. Dave caught a great fiesty cuttie, then the gloves came OFF......

I was sick of the snickering about my 3wt, time to show Dave and OneMuleTeam(Karl) what that tiny 3wt could do!

Fish ON..."it's a big one"

153.jpg

154.jpg

"I don't know if you can get this in"

This pig kept running and running. We were in swift water, this was no back eddie fight.

155.jpg

No horsing this one in, it was all about consistant side pressure.

156.jpg

GOT IT!

160.jpg

After making sure she was ok and breathing after the battle, glory time!

162.jpg

17"-18" fattty McKenzie River Redside!

She rested a bit in the current then was ready to swim OFF to drop her eggs and make more memories for the future!

Thanks Dave, it was awesome to spend your birthday on the water and giving me a chance to make this lasting memory!

Hands down the hardest fighting trout ever..

Reactions: skunk
S
skunk
Yeah, nice post, beautiful fish!

J
JeannaJigs
NICE! This makes me want to take my boat over there and do a float. I'm ashamed to say I live extremely close to this river, 20 minutes, and hardly ever fish it anymore. You guys give me motivation to reconnect with it.

Reactions: OnTheFly
B
bigsteel
NICE pics bro,,im glad u picked up the fatty on your 3 weight that was great watching u fight that pretty lady.....nothin like a birthday float with good friends.i can't wait to do it again......definitely the hardest fighting trout in the valley IMO...that fish is gorgeous,the pics turned out great.....:clap::clap:

L
lilsalmon
Nice job eggs....beautiful fish!!!!!!

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
Throbbit _Shane
very nice guys!!!

B
bigsteel
JeannaJigs said:
NICE! This makes me want to take my boat over there and do a float. I'm ashamed to say I live extremely close to this river, 20 minutes, and hardly ever fish it anymore. You guys give me motivation to reconnect with it.

if i lived in your area i would be on that river all year long,,small light fly rods make these fatties feel like a steelhead...c u saturday jeanna

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:

Seee what your missin? Sunday....Mckenzie...we really have to go.......look at eggs' rod....sweet....

E
eggs
Man it was hard work to get that fish..... I worked harder for that fish then any other fish period! It was insane, we all were holding our breath and we all thought she was going to unbutton a few times..

M
metalfisher76
B E A uteeeeefooool!

J
JeannaJigs
Oh yeah gonna be a good weekend :) I apologize in advance though....

Troutski
Troutski
Great post...loved the pictures. Now how you gonna beat this on his next Birthday??:clap:;)
Thanks for the pictures it made me remember my days on the Mac.:clap::clap:

Chuck

E
eggs
I would be down to drag the drifter down on Sunday if the river is in shape..

J
JeannaJigs
What stretch did you guys float?

W
waco
Nice fish!!! There is no better present for your bday than fighting that fish!!! congrats!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

O
OnTheFly
NICE FISH! That'll be a headliner for sure! Guess now you'll need to email pictures to your buddy at the fly shop in Korea.

E
eggs
That's the plan! Hahaha

G
GDBrown
Great report..... I have a birthday soon..... October is soon, Right? It looks almost as fun as I have with my 4wt. I really need to get my drift boat on water where I can catch fish like that.

N
nwkiller
awesome specimen of the mack!!!

Y
youngbuck307
Lol been waiting to hear of a big fish on that lil rod knew it was only time. Nice job on getting it in love the bent rod pics....

Top Bottom