Biggest rainbow you ever caught?

F

FishSlayer420

I was just curious to see what is everyones Biggest Rainbow?:think: Mine is 19 1/2 inches while runnin Diver and Shrimp for SteelHead.

D

Drew9870

Banned User
Biggest Rainbows

Biggest Rainbows

29 1/2 inches - Mill Creek

27 1/2 inches - Walling Pond

25 inches - Walling Pond

25 inches - Crane Prairie

S

steelheadstalker31

26" 7lb, caught it on a single mikes shrimp salmon egg in pink, on 2lb xl trylene. Caught it while canoeing the PA grand canyon, my old stomping grounds.

18406ej

18406ej

My best was a 26" from Walter Wirth, but it was a planted brooder. Still, it was a great fight and a lot of fun. I released him to a brother angler that was hungry. The largest "wild" fish I ever had was only about 17", from Detroit Lake. It was released back to the water to grow some more.

F

Fishtopher

26 1/4. Mine was a planted brooder also, out of Clear Lake on Mt. Hood. A few Family members from our camp caught several larger than mine though.

D

Drice

Mine was 21 &1/2" outta Crane Prairie when I about 13. I gotta get me another pig, its been too long, these stories are makin me itch.

B

Bfishin

Caught a nice Rainbow on the American River in Folsom, CA about 15 yrs ago when i was 8. Fishin a night crawler and a marshmellow on the bottom of a deep channel. Caught it on a little blue and white Snoopy pole. My dad set the hook and I reeled it in. Don't remember the measurements, sorry, but it was north of 20" and 4#. :shock:

O

oldhippie

7-8 lb range, Clark Canyon Res. Montana. Not a big deal for that lake, they average about 5lbs there. It's about 25 miles s. of Dillon in SW Montana, if you're ever in the vicinity, wet a line and HANG ON!

B

bassman503

Weak

Weak

32 in. FROG LAKE :dance:

T

Thuggin4Life

The biggest rainbow I ever caught that wasn't a sea run was 15" long 3 3/4" tall and 1lb 2oz. Slow trolling a ford fender and a worm.

Last edited:
Troutski

Troutski

Hogg list...

Hogg list...

I don't know how long it was or how much it weighed but here is a picture...Gerrard Rainbow Trout.

Chuck

B

beaverfan

I've been real lucky. I have spent a lot of time fishing some of the lakes in B.C. (Eutsuk, Quesnel, and many others) The biggest Rainbow I ever caught was out of Quesnell it was close to 10lbs. got him my first time ever fly fishing. But at Eutsuk the rainbow average close to 5lbs. It is so far from anywhere that it only see's an average of 100 fisherman a year. Not bad for a like thats 90 miles long. My best in Oregon though is 24" out of Krumbo Reservoir in Eastern Oregon.

T

Troutier Bassier

Biggin At Salish.

Biggin At Salish.

That was 29". Salish ponds on Powereggs. Good day for 2 Happy kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kodiak

Banned User
Spoiled

Spoiled

Rainbow--29" 9#ish, Madison river, MT.
rainbow--28" 7ish (snake lookin' freak) E fork gallitin river, MT, 6 weight fly rod..sculpin pattern.

Brown--34" 10#ish Clark Fork, MT, august, Hopper patern (dry) 6 weight fly rod..15" off the bank.

Top Bottom