Big sand shrimp

D
Denduran87
Does anyone know where to get some big sand shrimp, back when joes was around they had sturgeon size shrimp now all i see is steel head shrimp!

A
Anyfishisfine
Dicks has the ones in Chinese take-out for steelhead, and also ones in plasic containers that say they are for Stugeon. However I have had freshness issues with their shrimp at times. Make sure they smell fresh. BTW, my best day of Steelhead fishing yet was using the shrimp marked as being for Sturgeon.

D
Denduran87
yea but i've noticed they are still way smaller than they used to be. Any ideas where to get some biguns

Last edited:
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Have you considered buying frozen shrimp from the grocery store? Usually cheaper than sand shrimp. Still give a good fishy smell when they're thawed.

Also - don't discount the smaller shrimps as sturgeon bait - they'll still work, you can double them up on a hook if you need to, or try a piece of pickled shad with the shrimp...

Y
youngbuck307
I use bc's sandshrimp..... His old frozen ones for a $1.... All he had was small ones last time I as in there doubled them up and used singles fish didn't care one of the bigger fish was on a single small sandshrimp on a 4/0. I out fished 2 boats 6 guys between them. Sandshrimp or sandshrimp and worms were money in my hole the other day. Don't think size matters

T
thebigdog00s
I just double 2 up and wrap the crap out of them with spider wire or stretchy thread. Usually put a little bit of scent on them. Seems to work pretty good for me.

D
Denduran87
Found some great big ones at dicks today hope it's good tomorrow!!