Big Nate with JeannaJigs

M

Mike123

Me and JJ floated the Alsea today... Not much action, may have missed a couple take downs. Both caught a few nice trout... and I got the biggest steelhead I've caught to date! It was easily 14-15lbs... maybe more??? :dance: Nightmare jig kills... need to buy more of them.. :D
It was still a very fun day even if we didn't get to bring any fish home. Mill creek to Campbell is a very nice drift. Quite a few boats. We started out as the 3rd boat in, ended up the last boat. People were racing to get down the river, passing up lots of good water. Couple nice guys that were next to last and just ahead of us did pretty well, but other than that I didn't see anyone with any fish. Defenately not hot by any means. Hopefully in a few weeks it will pick up.

BigNativeCoast12-20-09.jpg

Last edited:
T

Thuggin4Life

Nice fish man. Don't think I have ever seen you post a pic. Must be because you weren't on the bank. So jeanna's guide service is a go then? How much se chargin these days? lol

M

Mike123

Nice fish man. Don't think I have ever seen you post a pic. Must be because you weren't on the bank. So jeanna's guide service is a go then? How much se chargin these days? lol

Yea I really don't like posting pics and reports, but hey, this is my biggest steelhead, and it's not everyday you get a nate that big, so it's brag time. haha. I never get to brag so Ima do it just this once. :D:lol:
JJ did pretty good on the sticks for just going out a few times! Just as good as I could have done!

D

DirectDrive

Nice job !
JJ's Guide Service.....I like it :D

Streamside gourmet lunch and all that ?

J

JeannaJigs

I must say, the photographer did a wondiferous job on that one lol.

Lmao, Jeanna's guide service...ya right. I'll guide ya into trees. And as far as streamside gourmet goes, I don't even take the time to make myself a lunch when I'm out on the water, so think again lol. Not to mention, I don't know how to cook, anything.

I myself caught more native sticks and trees than I think I have ever caught, but the first steelhead to the boat made it worth it, and it couldn't have been a more beautiful fish!

T

Thuggin4Life

Kinda hard to eat and row at the same time. Nice looking pic. You need to brag more. Just say you were fishin a river in oregon... take wterpics so the bank can't be recognized. feels good to brag dont it.

H

halibuthitman

geeze Mike! I was only kiddin about dating girls with a drift boat! oh and real nice fish ya got there!

C

Chrome_Chaser

Right on guys. That's a nice steelie.:clap: It's so cool to see a big smile on a fisherman (woman) when they are holding up a nice chromer. How was the river? would it be better if the water was lower, or not?

J

JeannaJigs

Oh and I forgot to mention, Mr. Native Steelhead appreciates you not giving him the fist of fury in the gill plate, but rather, cradling him softly in a loving manner so that he can return safely to the river in which he calls home, to carry on his clearly superior genetics.

B

beaverfan

Oh and I forgot to mention, Mr. Native Steelhead appreciates you not giving him the fist of fury in the gill plate, but rather, cradling him softly in a loving manner so that he can return safely to the river in which he calls home, to carry on his clearly superior genetics.

LOL It's funny and it's true. I'm sure he does appreciate it!

M

Mike123

Right on guys. That's a nice steelie.:clap: It's so cool to see a big smile on a fisherman (woman) when they are holding up a nice chromer. How was the river? would it be better if the water was lower, or not?

Water couldn't be more perfect than it was today! Needs more fish in it though!

B

Bfishin

Sweet fish Mike! And JJ, you're not a bankie anymore. You've traveled on to greener pastures. Way to guide the boat into some fish!

J

JeannaJigs

Sweet fish Mike! And JJ, you're not a bankie anymore. You've traveled on to greener pastures. Way to guide the boat into some fish!

Lol naw I'm still a bank maggot at heart, and I still love bank fishing. There's simply places a boat can't go and some of them are my favorite spots. Gotta say though, going from the bank to a boat is pretty awesome. Now I just gotta get some fish on my tag lol