Big K Ranch 7-31-21

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Admin if you want to move all these into one yearly report and change the title, I dont know if I can change the last post title i made when I caught my PB smally

Headed out that way after hitting Ford's pond, on the river about 10am. Cloud cover and wind was intermittent, but definetly more overcast than it's been in a few months

For the first time, the Ned rig wasn't the top producer, in my laziness I left a spinnerbait tied on after fishing fords for largemouth, and the smallmouth loved it too. Caught all my larger fish on it, and a food portion of the rest as well

Tons of followers with it, but I had a 50/50 catch rate for followers by either speeding it up or doing a figure 8 right at the kayak, similar to muskie fishing, which made the fights real fun.

Busy day, one party floating, and 5 charters came through.

4 fish over 2lbs, biggest was 2lbs 11oz, lost another about that size on a topwater.

Just under 100 fish for the day, but I had to leave earlier than I wanted to, seems most of the fish were larger than the average out there.
b118857a657a71c3c3057e6b5d3d98ef.jpg
3af619620671e9bbeb2e099b5e730f2c.jpg
f8764593eb3bcf97a97f8ce9a8c8fc0f.jpg
79b073ee1daeef4ae605bc9f244c4b11.jpg
9bf35b16b5f3be5184c967da6b7d0ff8.jpg

Reactions: fromthelogo and troutdude
V
venetafisher
Where did you launch, and do you think flows were sufficient for an aluminum boat?

Reactions: NKlamerus
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
venetafisher said:
Where did you launch, and do you think flows were sufficient for an aluminum boat?
I fished stuck hole, but unless you go downstream it'd be pretty dang tight to make it up to the hole, water is low for sure

jamisonace
jamisonace
venetafisher said:
James Wood to Osprey is floatable with an aluminum drift boat but there are two spots that are a little difficult. If you don't have a drift boat, go to Elkton and take Henderer Rd to the Sawyer's launch.

Top Bottom