Big Cliff results

C
capblack
my daughter and I just got back from big cliff. My friend and I each caught 13 inch holdover rainbows. they were very fat, and a nice pink inside, mine had a nice couple of rows of eggs, and Im going to cure them. we fished the canal, until they let the water go, then we went to where the creek runs in and caught them there using shrimp off the bottom. when the water came up we had to move, so we went back to the canal and had lunch with our lines in the water, but no more bites. plus we were soaked to the bone. had a great time though.

also isn't big cliff a no wake zone?? someone went by us in a sled about as fast as it would go. just wondering.

18406ej
18406ej
Congratulations on a successful day. I have never seen any regulations on boats and wakes posted for Big Cliff...with that primitive boat ramp I am surprised that a sled got in. Glad that you had a good time.

C
capblack
pics

pics

I said they were deep. those fish are 13 inches long, with that depth they look like theyre only 8

Last edited by a moderator:
S
steelhead1
natives?

natives?

do those fish have their adipose fins intact?

C
chris61182
steelhead1 said:
do those fish have their adipose fins intact?

Big Cliff doesn't have a fish ladder so they don't bother clipping the stockers.

C
capblack
adipose fin clip

adipose fin clip

I caught another one today, except its fatter and an inch longer. Yes they are fin clipped. Very nice trout, meat is very pink, Id say theyve been in there a while. Today, I caught the fish on a full-blown night crawler with about 18 inches of leader on a #4 gamakatsu octopus. Last week it was shrimp. Brian