Big Cliff Res question

C
capblack
does anyone know if big cliff is open again yet. I would like to take my boat down there in the next week or so. Last time i checked there was people fishing around the boat ramp again, but i didn't see any boats. any info is much appreciated, Brian

troutdude
troutdude
Isn't it open year around?

C
capblack
yes, but the corps of engineers had a sign on the road to the boat ramp for a while saying no fishing, i guess one of the dams was weak and being worked on, and they didn't want anyone on the lake. maybe someone hear has some more specifics. Brian

troutdude
troutdude
I see now, what you were asking. I have never fished that lake. But, I would welcome a chance to do so.

C
capblack
still no answer. has anyone seen any boats at big cliff lately?

C
capblack
i wonder what the deal is, still no boats allowed apparently?

C
capblack
on the osmb web site under closures, it says the big cliff ramp is closed until further notice due to gate repairs on the dam. however, they opened it to walk in recreation. guess i answered my own question.

M
mrlindeman
You can still fish from the jut out rocky bank though if you walk. No boats though. I have seen many a big trout pulled out of there using a floated worm off of the bottom. Lots of snags so bring extra terminal tackle though.

C
capblack
mrlindeman said:
You can still fish from the jut out rocky bank though if you walk. No boats though. I have seen many a big trout pulled out of there using a floated worm off of the bottom. Lots of snags so bring extra terminal tackle though.

yehh, thats what i was talking about in my previous post, walk in fishing only. Im itching to get my boat back out, and want more than stocker sized trout, so i was hoping the res was open to boats again, but i guess its closed until further notice. ive caught lots of huge trout in there close to the cutoof on crawlers and shrimp. Brian

B
Bad Tuna
For what it's worth, dec 10 I saw a boat and a float tube on the lake. Don't know if they were legal???

troutdude
troutdude
Big Cliff is open year round.

A
autofisher
With the ramp closed, a lot of people that are using smaller boats are parking by the rocky point and carrying thier craft to the water. It's not closed to boats, just the ramp. If you can carry it and launch it, you can use it from what I've seen.