Beware of power lines!

J
JeannaJigs
Haha just got my new Loomis float rod via UPS. I'm kinda dissapointed, as I thought I ordered the 12'3 and I got an 11'4, but after looking at it, it's plenty of rod. That said, It's the first time I've had a rod that has a lightning and power line warning printed near the handle LOL.

I'm stoked. Gonna be sick sometime this week to test 'er out.

Can't stop fondling it. It's beautimus!

I can't help myself.

Time to get back to work. LOL.

C
Chedster
You're gonna love the longer rod just keep it outta the trees and power lines! :D

B
beaverfan
Thank god nothing was wrong with it!

J
JeannaJigs
HAHA I KNOW! After I saw that "transportation accident occured" on the tracking i was worried it was damaged or something. I seriously woulda cried LOL. It's in perfect condition. You should see the tube they shipped this thing in, it's like 10 feet tall LOL. Super well packed. I'm still trying to figure out UPS's methods though, they shipped it from wisconsin, to portland. then portland to roseburg. Then Roseburg to Eugene, and then Eugene to Veneta. That roseburg bit makes no damn sense lol.

I am in love with it. Gonna test 'er out tomorrow I think, going to go to work early so I can sneak out around noon :)

O
OnTheFly
That's because Graphite is highly conductive and Lightning can strike at any moment.......but so can fish. In either case, pay attention!

Sounds like a nice rod Jeanna.:)

J
Jig'n
JeannaJigs said:
HAHA I KNOW! After I saw that "transportation accident occured" on the tracking i was worried it was damaged or something. I seriously woulda cried LOL. It's in perfect condition. You should see the tube they shipped this thing in, it's like 10 feet tall LOL. Super well packed. I'm still trying to figure out UPS's methods though, they shipped it from wisconsin, to portland. then portland to roseburg. Then Roseburg to Eugene, and then Eugene to Veneta. That roseburg bit makes no damn sense lol.
I am in love with it. Gonna test 'er out tomorrow I think, going to go to work early so I can sneak out around noon :)

Maybe that was the Transportation incident, they sent it to the wrong place first.

You'll love your Loomis, I have a Loomis IMX Drift Rod and absolutely love it!

N
nwkiller
lol, yeah i for sure thought this was a thread similar to your chicken attacking you post, glad to here no power lines attacked you!!!

L
lilsalmon
Glad you like your rod Jeanna :)

J
JeannaJigs
Jig'n said:
Maybe that was the Transportation incident, they sent it to the wrong place first.

You'll love your Loomis, I have a Loomis IMX Drift Rod and absolutely love it!

Well the transportation accident happened in Portland and it returned to Portland. Im assuming a ups truck had an accident lol

I already love this rod. It's got such a nice feel to it. And so light!! It's lighter than my 8'6 lami

Can't wait to put it to use this weekend.

J
JeannaJigs
nwkiller said:
lol, yeah i for sure thought this was a thread similar to your chicken attacking you post, glad to here no power lines attacked you!!!

Lol

I've had run ins on the river with electric fences but never powerlines. Electric fences are evil. Almost as evil as the poultry that did ultimately cause my new waders to leak.

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
Glad you like your rod Jeanna :)

Oh I don't like it. I love it. Shoulda seen me at work when it was delivered LOL I was drawing blood and almost told the patient to hold the needle and that I'd be right back. Lol. I refrained and finished. Then I was like a kid on Christmas.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
stock-photo-danger-sign-for-fishermen-to-be-careful-with-fishing-rods-near-electric-power-lines-.jpg

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice a new float rod is always a good thing! You think that rod will work for trolling the columbia? I have the 5th-13th off of work.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice a new float rod is always a good thing! You think that rod will work for trolling the columbia? I have the 5th-13th off of work.

Haha no but I am not doing anything the 6th. I'd be down since I missed out last year.